●17. Tryna Be His Father●

November 26, 2015

Slowly and reluctantly, Rishaan uncovered his face as the morning sunlight tickled his face. He blinked, closed his eyes, and blinked again, in an attempt to help his eyes adjust to the natural illumination. Streaks of sunlight penetrated the window and blinded him, making him shield his eyes with his hand. He sat up, dragged his feet off the bed, and rubbed his knuckles onto his eyes. He stretched his arms above his head and yawned, totally forgetting the fact that they still did pain. He got up and went to the floor-to-ceiling window, only to cover it with curtains but stopped. Instead, he opened the glass door and stepped into the balcony. He stood there, placing his palms on the railing. He never noticed that the view from his balcony looked so breathtaking. He stood there, running his fingers through his messy hair and looking around. He spent whole twenty minutes in admiring the nature. He went inside and wore his loose white T-shirt. Yes, he was shirtless till then. He checked on the clock and it showed 8:45 am.

I've become so indolent these days. I have nothing to do except for resting. I have no schedule! Rishaan thought and shook his head at himself. He left his room and went downstairs, only to check if Disha and Ansh had gone to their school or not.

Rishaan looked around in the living room, there was no one. He went to the kitchen and found Amaya cleaning the platform and adjusting some plates in its stand. He stood near the door and watched her doing her work.

"You didn't go to your college today too?" Rishaan asked from behind and just like always Amaya was startled by his voice. And dropping the plate from her hand was the proof.

"You scared me! God!" Amaya said, turning around after composing herself.

Rishaan just shrugged, thinking it wasn't his fault.

"You're not going your college?" Rishaan asked again, leaning a little back to the door.

"No. I'm not going until you will be totally fine." Amaya replied and turned around to continue her work.

"Why?" Rishaan asked and Amaya could feel him coming closer in her direction.

"So you want me to leave you alone?" Amaya asked, turning her head to left side, knowing Rishaan was standing right beside her.

"Yeah! I mean you should not-"

"Rishaan, don't talk like a three year old stubborn dumb kid." Amaya said, cutting Rishaan off. And the expressions on his face were priceless.

Did she just call me a dumb kid? Rishaan narrowed his eyes at Amaya.

"Seriously!" Amaya shook her head and continued her work.

Rishaan too shook his head and decided to leave before she would insult his inner by giving him more names.

"Call my name if you need anything." Amaya shouted from behind. Rishaan also heard it but didn't stop and kept walking, pretending he didn't hear her.

Amaya shook her head, smiling, knowing he really heard her. Her thoughts and feelings towards him had totally changed after that incident. She started finding positivity in his every action. She started to know him and already she was overwhelmed by all she knew.

He should try to open up to me. Amaya thought. But I already know too much about him. And that is how she'd answer herself every time. If he'd look away, she'd just laugh it away. If he'd ignore her, she'd just smile and think how stubborn he was. Because now she knew that he was not what he showed. Because now she knew he was not cruel or bad. It was just that there were so many thick layers of arrogance, ignorance, attitude and rudeness that hid the real, kind, gentle and polite side of him.