Chapter 3

Chapter Three

Flashback

"Lauren! Oh my gosh. I missed you so much!" Ethan screamed right when I opened the door. We hugged and I chuckled.

"You know we saw each other just one week ago" I said.

"So what? I can't miss my best friend?"

"Haha of course you can. Come in!"

We sat down at the kitchen table and then we started talking about our week. Then Lisa entered the room sitting down on the couch sighing dramatically.

"Hey, Lisa, what's wrong?" Ethan asked my sister.

"Oh, you better not ask her." I said while chuckling a bit.

Lisa send me a serious look but that only brought me to laugh even harder.

"She lost her comb and she refused to use another one because she says we all only have fake combs. So the only real comb is missing" I explained to a really confused Ethan who bit on his lip to not start laughing.

"Oh, I'm sorry. That sounds hard" he said and now also Lisa had to smile a little.

"Great that you find it so funny!" she said and came over to us. "I didn't know you were coming so early, Eth."

"Yeah, me neither. But I couldn't stop myself from missing my best friend" he said. Lisa laughed.

"I understand you, she is too cute, isn't she?" She smiled at me and then I gave her the serious look.

"Well, except when she loses your comb."

I rolled my eyes. "You know it wasn't me."

She shrugged and walked over to me to mess up my hair and to cuddle a bit.

"You're unbelievable." I said.

"I love you too!" She gave me a kiss on my cheek.

"But still. I miss my comb."

"We could go to the mall and buy you a new one" Ethan suggested.

"Well, why not" I said and Lisa's eyes went wide.

"You would come with me?", she asked excited and we nodded. But then Lisa's face hardened.

"But that new comb wouldn't be Cleo."

"Cleo?" Ethan asked confused.

"That's her comb's name" I explained and could thankfully stop myself from bursting into laughter.

"We could call it Peter" Eth said but Lisa rolled her eyes.

"You don't understand anything. It's a comb. You can't just call it Peter!"

Then both of us had to laugh. These were like the greatest times. When we could talk about a single comb and laugh about it. Even though for Lisa it wasn't just a comb. It was her everything.

Later that day we went to the mall and bought Lisa a new comb that she called Destiny and Ethan bought a new shirt that Lisa and I picked out and they convinced me to by a dress that was black and had flowers on it. It was a great day. It really was. We laughed so much and talked and I enjoyed every second of it. But then at ten pm Ethan said goodbye.

"See you next Wednesday!" he screamed when he went to his car and I waved and closed the door to sit down on the couch next to Lisa. We spend the whole evening talking and I laid my head on her lap and she played with my hair. These were the moments I loved the most. They were normal for me and I only realized how much I enjoyed spending time with Lisa when everything changed.

By the way. She found Cleo a few days later under her bed. And then she was torn between still using Destiny or using Cleo again. I had to make that decision and I laughed so hard about it. I'm pretty sure all of us sisters were in our room when she found that comb and we couldn't stop laughing. Lisa must have had a really tough time. But she laughed too.

End of Flashback

I was in the backyard looking at the sky when that memory came up. I couldn't see a single star that night and that scared me so much. I know I said that I wanted clouds to hide all the stars but that night it was weird. It was like there was nothing. Nothing more. And there has to be, right? It can't be just this. Just this life on earth but nothing more. Then there wouldn't be a sense, a meaning for us to be here. A reason to feel all this pain. There can't be nothing. I needed something but there wasn't. But still with all the clouds life felt like a cage. I felt a single tear running down my cheek but I just wiped it away. Why could one single moment change everything? How is it possible for only one person to tear everything apart? 

"Hey, Lauren. It's pretty late. What are you doing here?" Amy suddenly asked. She came out and walked over to me. I stood up from my position.

"Nothing. I was just about to go inside" I said and smiled at my sister.

"Hey, are you okay?"

I nodded. "I'm fine. And you? How was your day?"

"It was good" Amy said and smiled. She took my hand and then we walked inside.

"Do you wanna do something? We could watch a movie or something." Amy suggested. I wanted to say yes but then I saw Lisa in the living room smiling at us.

"No. I think I'll just read a little. I have a really good book" I lied and with that I ran up the stairs to my room.

A/N Thank you so much for reading! What do you think so far? :)
I'm probably updating the next part tomorrow.
 :)