17. SAPNA

~ Sapna ~

"You're alive! I thought my soul sister was abducted by aliens." I could sense her eye-roll on the other side of the phone.

"Cut the drama, Prachi Patel."

"Alright. I need some designs," she was in all business mode.

"Details."

"It's a food joint. They want to serve Tibetan cuisine with a touch of Indian spices. And the place should give the idea."

"Hmm.." I droned thoughtfully. "I'm on it. What is the space like?"

My phone beeped, interrupting Prachi Patel's call was Mrs. Tiwari's call. I wondered why she was calling me. "Prachi Patel, I'm getting another call. Listen, mail me everything I need to know. Send me pictures if necessary. I'll send you the designs. Okay?"

"Fine," she muttered and ended the call.

"Sapna! I thought you blocked me!" Her clumsy voice said, making me laugh. Though I made sure she didn't hear it. I was upset with her.

"What is it?" I asked, sounding indifferent.

"I want to meet you."

"I don't want to meet you."

"Sapna, don't be a child. I have the answer to your questions. And I want to give them to you."

Had some fairy waved a magic wand at her? Why the sudden transformation?

"Are you sure?" I didn't believe her.

"Yes, Sapna. Now hurry up! I've got an hour before my patient arrives."

"Okay."

"See you!" She was so spirited, her energy passed into me and I instantly sprung up from my bed, put a jacket on, not bothering to change my clothes, and hurried out of my room.

Luckily Ma had gone shopping with Bhumi Aunty, and Daddy and Dheeraj Uncle were at Daddy's showroom. Since I didn't need to take permission from Nanu who was watching a movie with Rishi and Aadi in his room, I left the house just like that.

When I reached the clinic, Mrs. Tiwari had lost all the enthusiasm she had on the phone. Instead she was on her desk, studying a file. Today, her hair was tied up neatly into a bun, and she was wearing glasses. Even the place was arranged systematically and cleaned up.

Something was very wrong with her.

"Sit." She ordered me, motioning towards the chair across from her.

I took the seat. Unlike her, I couldn't contain the adrenaline rushing inside of me at the thought of finally knowing the truth. I could get rid of those nightmares.

She looked at me. I raised my eyebrows expectantly, "So?"

She let out a long sigh before she spoke, "Two things. One, I will tell you every single thing you need to know."

"Really?"

She nodded.

"And what's the second?"

"You have to trust me."

"Okay," I nodded again, leaning back in my chair, waiting for her to bring it on. "I cannot promise that."

"What?" Her brows went up and almost touched her hairline.

"Trusting you," I paused, choosing the right words, not wanting to lose my chance at knowing the answers if I offended her. "I mean, after all that we have been through, I am not sure that I can trust you."