Chapter 17

I nervously explained the situation to Kalie.

"My mom knows I'm dating somebody, what do I do?"

"Lie!"

I roll my eyes, "But she will know I am"

"Just tell Sam to pretend to be your boyfriend, I'm sure he'll do it."

Sam our oldest friend was a sweetheart but being the Diva that he is mom would know right away he isn't my boyfriend "Yeah but he's going out of the country for spring break"

"Even better!" she shouted.

"Hmm I don't know."

"Hey girls whatcha doing?" My mom suddenly walks in my room.

"Nothing!" I quickly shout. "Prom!" Kalie quickly steps in.

"Hm I forgot about prom, are you going to go Eleonore?"

I never thought about it and I didn't really want to go to prom. Just to see a brunch of people I really didn't like dancing and I would have to spend a lot of money on the ticket and dress. No way Jose. "N..."

"Yes!" Kalie shouted "Eleonore is going to go with me!"

I give her a scolding look.

"Well in that case we need to go shopping for you dress now!"

"No mom I rather not"

"Mrs. Lewis she can go shopping with me if that's ok?"

"I actually want to be there so I'll go with you both"

I slouch in my seat and close my eyes.

My mother raced in out of stores picking the pinkest and fluffiest dress out there. Anything that resembled a poofy 80's barbie doll dress she was all over it. She whined and cried begging that I would look cute and rockin in a dress like that. In reality all I wanted to do was sit in a corner and cry, and just to my luck Kalie fueled her excitement.

"Yes Mrs. Lewis that is gorgeous."

"Look!" I pointed out. "what about that dress?"

They both turned their head in the direction of the best looking dress I've seen all day. The dress was a simple ombre dress that had rhinestones in the bottom. It wasn't over the top but it was pretty.

"That dress is beautiful, why don't you both go on and try on the dresses you chose."

"More like the only dress" I mumbled. I followed Kalie into the dressing room.

"You think Robert will notice me in this dress?"

"If he doesn't he is a fool"

"Great I can't zip this dress up I'm going to need help..." I open the door and look for my mom but she is nowhere to be found, she was probably picking dresses for me that fitted more to her taste. To my surprise a familiar voice startled me. I peek through the corner and see George with a girl who looked exactly like him but with freckles covering her face.

"Look if you don't want to wear that dress I'll take you to another mall tomorrow but lets hurry because I'm getting hungry."

"Ok, ok" She walks past me into the dressing room good thing she didn't pay attention to me, I hurry inside but to my despair I trip over the loose fabric.

"Are you alright out there?" Kalie asked.

"Yes" I grunted.

"Eleonore?"

Crap

"Are you ok? Let me help you". I carefully held on the top of my dress, I wanted to die I'm so glad Noah wasn't here to see this.

George kept his eyes on my dress but politely coughed as he turned around.

"What?"

"It It looks nice on you." he mumbled.

I awkwardly tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, "Um, what are you doing here?" I managed to speak.

"My sister is trying on dresses for my uncles wedding next weekend."

"Hey" oh great. "Who's this?" my mom had a way of walking into the most awkward situations.

"He's just a...."

"Is he your boyfriend you've been keeping from me?"

George looked at my mom and back to me.

Kalie comes out of the dressing room. "Heeeyy oh oh?! Oh man, you know what I'm going back inside." I looked at her for help but she just wink and ran off.

George pulled me from my waist and looked at my mom, "Yes I'm her boyfriend."