Chapter 16

My mother sat quietly as we ate Chinese take out, which was a weekend tradition of ours ever since I was in middle school.

Her eyebrows furrowed before she wiped her mouth, "What time did you come home last night?"

"10 almost 11.  I had fell asleep in Kalies bed didn't realize how late it was till I woke up."

"Hm yeah she told me when I called."

I nodded

"So are you going to tell me whos the boy you're dating or you're going to keep it from me forever."

Forever, I wished.

"Oh um about that it doesn't matter, we...we broke up"

"Oh really? I'm sorry sweetie"

My phone vibrates.

"Whose that?"

She reaches over and takes it before I can.

"Mom!"

She frowned "I thought you broke up with this 'curly' guy."

Great my cover is blown. "Well.."

"You can tell me, you know I let you have boyfriends."

"I know mom, I just.."

"Look I'll give you time but I'm going to want to meet this guy or girl whoever is dating my daughter. Is that understood?"

"Yes mom."

"Good now finish up you have school tomorrow."

Monday morning was a drag the only thing that helped me get through the day was Noah. Just everything about him made me sweat with such intensity it was hard to concentrate on my work. The way his upper lip curves as he smiled and how perfect the creases around his eyes embodied his large blue eyes. He was just to perfect and in a way it scared me. Mr. Calvin could have any girl, he was attractive and smart but why did he chose me?

He winks as he passes my table.

I only glare at him trying to signal him that the other students can see.

He shrugs and sit in his desk. Mr. Calvin always had a way of making me nervous every time I saw him, I looked ridiculous.

After a presumably easy week with flirty texts and raunchy conversations. I made my to the community center. It would be the first time I've seen George after the confrontation. I took my case from the backseat when I noticed George. I open my mouth but nothing comes out, I make my way to his direction. Startled he turns and faces me. For a brief second we stare at each but I didn't have the guts to say anything. He just simply nods and walks towards he building.

I'm a coward.

"Perfect" Mr. Calvin's voice radiated in the room as he swung his hands around. We practiced for an hour, but seemed like forever. I could feel the death glares coming from George. When practice was over he was the first one out.

After everyone had gone, Mr. Calvin embraced me in his arms. "I have a surprise for you."

"What is it?"

"You'll have to wait and see. Follow me."

"Where are we going?"

"Get inside." He opened the passenger door of his car.

"What is it?"

"Trust me, get inside"

I exhale  "ok" and place my violin case in his back seat.

He kisses my hand "Close your eyes"

An influx of emotions soared inside of me, "Are we there yet?"

My eyes were shut but I could tell he shook his head, "Almost."

I eagerly smiled and sat still.

He open my door, a sudden aroma of grass and flowers filled my nostrils. My smile grew wider.

"We're here!"

I take a hold of Noahs hand as he guides me to our destination. "Wait for a sec, okay you can open your eyes now."

A brown blanket neatly placed in between two large rocks was covered with a fruit basket and two juice bottles. It overlooked the city, the dimmed lights from afar seemed beautiful.

"If it's too dark for you, I have these candle lanterns" He places the two large lanterns on top of the rock. The flickering flames brighten his face.

"I don't know what to say"

"...you don't like it?"

"No no I do. I love it but you didn't have to do all of this"

He takes my hand and motions me to sit beside him, "I did this all for you." He engulfs my face in between his large hands, "I care about you, I really do Eleonore. I've haven't felt this way before not for a very long time. I just want you to know that"

I nod and look down.

He lifts my face and softly kisses my lips. Lightly sucking my bottom lip as he pulls me closer. "I care about you too" I mutter

He smiles, "Oh my Eleonore." My fingers lightly trace the veins in his arm carefully reaching to the palm of his hands. He squeezes my hand, his wet lips kisses my forehead.

"Lay next to me" he whispers

I lay my head on his chest.

"Eleonore"

"Hmmm"

"Promise me you'll never leave"

"I promise"