Chapter 18

"Aww why were you hiding him from me he's so cute!" My mother extended her hand. She was eyeing him up and down taking in his aroma and fitted black T-shirt that revealed his slight but visible muscles. She turned to me and pats my shoulder. George could clearly see what she was doing. "I'm Mrs. Lewis but call me Elizabeth, Eleonore's cool mom!" she laughed as she rested her arm around mine.

"I'm George."

"You know what? I'm going to change back into my clothes, I'll be right back." I grab a hold of Kalie's arm and guide her back inside the changing room.

"Oh my god" She laughs. "Did that just happen?"

I shake my head as I take the dress off, "No no! It's not funny, now my mother thinks George is my boyfriend" I whisper I just wanted to scream. "Him! he likes me and knows of Mr. Calvin. This is not good." I wave my arms.

"Calm down Eleonore. This can be good. He said he was your boyfriend to protect you right? What other reason did he do that for, he could have just said no."

I drop my head in between my knees. "I don't know maybe? But still he had no right to do that, lets go before she says anything embarrassing to him."

My mother was laughing along with George and his sister when we stepped out.

"Why didn't you tell me you have a girlfriend?" George sister asks.

He laughs nervously, "Um I don't know. Look she is Eleonore and this is my sister Jessica" we shake hands.

I grab my purse, "We should get going mom."

"Why don't you invite them for dinner sweetie"

"No mom I'm sure he's busy with things" I glare at him.

"Well I don't mind I'm pretty hungry..." He started, I pinch his arm away from everybody's view. "Ow no she's right I need to drop my sister off and I have exams coming up for this semester."

My mom pursed her lips "Ok next time for sure then"

He nods.

"Okay bye then," I grab Kalie's arm "Let's go before I puke." I whisper to her.

My mother kept nagging at me about who George was and what he did for a living. I felt like I was going to lose my mind. Anxiety fueled the insecurities and fear in me about what was happening with George. I felt wrapped around in a lie I wanted to break out of but couldn't, yet. I still hadn't spoken to George since the accident and didn't even have his number to make matter worse, I didn't even want to confront him.

Throughout the week I barely had time to see Mr. Calvin and if I did, it was only at school. I had already finished the test in 10 minutes before anybody else did, as usually but this time I couldn't bother him. He was perfectly occupied that the only thing I could do was rest my head on top of my arms and admire him from afar. I could only relish the moment when he was caught off guard as he sat at his desk. His gaze was on a book that I don't even remember what the title was but I could clearly remember the intense stare in his eyes as they wondered up and down on the pages. It left a tingling sensation inside me but it could only last for so long. Before another student broke him from his trance like state for a question about the test.  

The following weekend I went to see Mr. Calvin at his apartment since it was the safest place we could meet in person beside orchestra practice but that was a day away. I was impatient; I couldn't wait. I nervously knocked on the door and waited.  "Eleonore?" I could hear his voice behind the closed door.