Chapter 12

I had found a maroon dress with a sheer material over the the shoulder part, that fitted quite with my body, probably for once I felt confident about myself. I look at myself in the mirror as I apply lipstick on. I felt so nervous, what if he didn't like the dress I'm wearing. I breathe in deeply and shake my head to such nonsense. This Mr. Calvin we are talking about, I'm sure he'll like it.

"Mom I'm going out with Kalie, I'll be back." I quickly race down the stairs, I didn't want her to question my whereabouts. My mom creeps out of behind the wall, "Where are you going looking so fancy like that?"

"Kalies family are having a fancy dinner and she invited me to go" I lie.

She raises a eyebrow and folds her arms. "Ok, well I'm going to want to see some pictures when you come back"

crap

My phone vibrates, Curly: I'm outside.    

"I should get going" I grab my purse and coat.

"okay have fun and don't be out too late."

"okay, I won't" I quickly walk to his car, a little challenge since its been a while since I've worn high heels and good thing Mr.Calvin's car windows were tinted.

I close the car door behind me. I fix my dress and put my purse by my feet. I notice the sudden silence. I turn to look at Mr. Calvin.

His eyes were fixated on me, "You look beautiful" his thumb rubs my chin. I couldn't help but blush.

"Lets get going, I have a surprise."

"Surprise?"

We arrive at a fancy restaurant at downtown. The valet took his keys as we arrive at the door.

"Wow Mr. Calvin this is nice."

He takes my hand in his, "call me Noah" he kisses my ear.

"What if someone sees us?"

"Oh they won't" We enter inside where a woman leads us to a separate room of the restaurant. A table with two chairs sat in the center of the room. Candles surrounded the room and a bouquet of white roses sat in the middle of the table with velvet drapes around it.

"Wow, this is so beautiful." It all looked so fancy,

"Here take a seat" , he sits in front of me. He wore a dark grey suit and a thin black tie. Of course as always he looked perfect. His dark curls were pushed back pompadour style and his trimmed beard made him look incredibly sexy.

"Are you okay?"

I hadn't realized I've been staring at him, "Yeah I'm fine."

"What do you want to eat?"

I look down at the menu, $42 for a dish?

"Are you sure you can afford this?" I ask, I felt bad he was spending so much on me.

"Yes, don't worry."

A waiter comes in, "Any appetizers for this evening?"

Mr. Calvin looks over at me "You want an appetizer?"

I shake my head no

"No, thank you. I'll take the steak and have water."

I hurriedly look over the menu, "Um, I will have water too and I'll take the shrimp scampi."  the waiter nods and leaves the room.

"What do you think?"

"I think everything is perfect" I reply

He smiles and takes my hand, "I'm glad we can officially have an date and in private."