Chapter 45

I was so glad to be back home. After J carried me inside i took a hot bath. It was the most important thing right now, not Food or Drinks. Hot water on my Skin, which washed away all the pain and agony. I spent the whole night in the bathtub, but after the water turned cold, I hot out and covered myself with a towel. On my way to the bedroom I looked out of the dirty windows. The sun was up and filled the corridor with light. I enjoyed it for a moment, haven't seen the sun for weeks now... "Boss Lady?" I was interrupted by Brad. "Yes?" "I made coffee... Want some?" I nodded and followed Brad to the kitchen. Once we sat down at the old kitchen table, I noticed that Brad was staring me. "Brad?" "Yes?!" "What are you staring at?" "Nothing Boss. I'm just glad you're back." I smiled weakly. Without the men and J I wouldn't be here. Maybe I would be dead... I finished my coffee and went straight to the bedroom.

I swear I slept for a day at least. I slept so peaceful and without any fears. At one point I felt Joker laying down next to me. He embraced me so tight that I felt his heartbeat. I knew he was scared although he didn't shows it.
3 days later I finally felt good again. I became stronger again. I wanted to go out and do something, but J didn't allowed me to go away. Eventually I could go to a meeting with Joker.
     In all these days I haven't been asking what happened to Scarecrow. But now I had the urgent need to ask J, now that we were in the car. Here he couldn't run away from my questions. "Babe?" "Yeah?!" "What happened to Scarecrow?" "I killed him." "No shit?" "No shit. He tried to stab that injection in my neck... I had to do it." He kept his eyes on the road. I wondered how he could see where he's going. He drove so fast. Soon we arrived at J's club. He got out and opened the door for me like a gentleman. He was so nice to me the past few days.
We entered the club and immediately I was blinded by all the gold in there.