Lifeless

(EDITED BADLY) and i just saw an old comment of percy eating fish and someone else is like hes a cannibal lmfao what percys not a fish. Also when i was reading the old version and orion gets her in her sleep and suddenly percys there im like why is he in her tent whoa what was he gonna do in the first place pfftt

Percy was an excellent cook. One of the best parts of staying with the hunt is eating Percy's delicious meat. (PFFFTT I BET) He always brought back a wide assortment of meat to spoil the girls. He brought back everything, from rabbits to bears, but no fish. You weren't allowed to go fishing if you were allowed in the hunt. The girls were literally drooling as they approached the table filled with delicious food scattered across it. Percy and Artemis sat at opposite ends of the tall rectangular table, Orion sitting on Percy's right.

"And let's pray", Percy said, pretending to be serious. He clasped his hands together, closing his eyes. The rest of the girls started eating, ignoring their idiotic leader. Orion followed Percy, causing him to snicker. "Percy's stupid", Zoe said from across the table. Orion smiled at his brother's antics. "Hey! I heard that you know?!" Zoe ignored him, scarfing down endless amounts of meat. It was a mystery to how all the girls didn't get fat from eating so much everyday.

It reminded Orion of a family. Siblings bantering back and forth, Artemis being the mom. Was Percy the dad? No probably not he was too immature to be the dad, or so he thought. "So Orion", Percy started, breaking Orion out of his thoughts. Orion munched down on the yummy food, something he hasn't had in quite a while. "Have you been living in the wild by yourself the entire time?" He nodded, picking up a chicken wing and bringing it to his plate. "Mum died when I was little, she was killed by some monsters." Percy gave him a look of sympathy before continuing to stuff food inside his mouth.

"The food is really good", he said, attempting to compliment his new brother. "Of course it is", he said, flicking it off. Orion was glad he met Percy, if only he had met Percy when he was little. It would've been a much better life for him.

He stared at Artemis from across the table, trying to secretly ogle at her. She was really beautiful, probably the most beautiful girl Orion's ever seen before. With those piercing silver eyes, the matching auburn hair, the spray of freckles across her nose. Just the way she narrowed her eyes when Percy said something stupid, the way her eyes lit up when she laughed. "So Percy, did you hunt all of this yourself?" Orion asked Percy, inspecting the meat on his plate. "No I killed the girl's dogs", he said casually. Orion snickered, the hunters glaring at Percy. "Haha, very funny Percy". The girl who had previously been called Zoe said in mock laughter. Percy pouted, bring water straight out of the cup to his lips.

Was Artemis a maiden goddess? There were a lot of rumours that she actually wasn't. But she'd surely like me right? She even let me in the hunt for god's sake. They did seem to have the same interests and stuff, it'd be pretty much perfect! He smiled to himself, mentally cheering himself for scoring a chick.

Percy nudged him slightly, grinning at him. "What you grinning at?" Orion smiled back, determined to win Artemis' heart. "Just excited to be here." Percy smiled at him before diverting his attention back to the girls talking. He turned back his head back to Orion, his sea green eyes twinkling. "I always wanted a brother." Orion grinned back at Percy, "Me too".

...

After Orion was finally finished stuffing his face with food, he laid back, satisfied with his meal. "That was so good." Percy laughed, sitting back as well. "Nice to see someone actually appreciating my cooking."

"Yeah yeah we'll thank you when we die", a hunter said from the side, still scarfing down meat. Orion inspected her, noticing the black Green Day shirt from inside her parka. She wore ripped jeans, her pageboy style haircut hanging a bit over her bright blue eyes. "Anyways Orion we're gonna share a tent 'till we get you your own." Orion looked at him surprised. "M-my own?" Percy tilted his head playfully at Orion. "You wanna stay with me every night-"