Free Fall

Hello kids thank you for all the overwhelming support on the other chapter I made. Now some of you might be thinking "What a spoiled brat she has almost 100k views and she feels unmotivated? Dumb author." I really am thankful and surprised by how much support i actually get through the book, but I just can't find myself to do anything at all, much less update my book. I sort of find it unfair that I have a lot more reads than a lot of people but I barely update and again, I am so grateful for all the support y'all are giving me. So on to the story woo 

I forgive you but I'll never forget what you did

"Bye guys!" I waved to my friends from a distance. They waved back, smiling sadly. Annabeth was nowhere to be found. I scanned the crowd, trying to find any glimpse of her blonde princess curls before I left. The hunters were actually quite chatty, contrary to popular belief that they're emotionless hunters.

I turned back to the hunters and Lady Artemis. "So... Where are we going anyways?" The girls looked at me, reminding me of Regina from mean girls.

"Just follow us and don't question, boy." I clenched my fists, looking down. "I have a name you know.." One of the hunters looked at me, a smug look coming onto her face. "Oh yeah? What did you just say boy?" I looked up, feeling thoroughly uncomfortable around the girls. "I said I have a name, and it's not boy." I didn't care if they were girls, I deserve my respect too.

They looked taken back at my confidence. "We're going to be traveling together for a while. So I think it'd be better for both parties if we didn't insult each other and call each other names that we don't like", I said firmly, mustering all the courage I could.

They didn't say anything, not expecting me to talk back any time soon. Artemis sighed as us as if we were just children fighting. Wait... Technically we are. I chuckled quietly to myself at the thought of Artemis being a mum.

The hunters stared at me like I was crazy. Well now that I think about it it might of looked like that. Laughing to myself randomly. Artemis look at me, confused. Hey silver eyes sparkled in interest. "Well come along girls, and erm, Perseus." The hunters giggled before following Artemis, leading us away from Camp Half Blood. I walked behind the group, trying to entertain myself by throwing Riptide as far as he could and feeling it come back into his pocket. The girls didn't spare him a glance, making him feel lonely.

"Percy Jackson huh?" I suddenly noticed a girl walking next to me. She had aqua teal turquoise blue tips, streaks and highlights beneath a black modern pageboy hairstyle. "Y-yeah", I stuttered out, not expecting anyone to talk to me. She studied me carefully, her electric blue eyes narrowing. "Do you know who I am?" I shook my head, thinking whether I've actually seen her before. "But you look familiar", I said, scratching the back of my head. "Am I supposed to know who you are?"

She gave me a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. "No."

Her tone almost sounded bitter, as if i was supposed to know her but I didn't for some reason. "Hey, the rest of the girls can be pretty mean at the beginning okay? Don't take it personally, they've all had rough past experiences with men." She paused, taking a breathe, "Just stay patient Percay."

I eyebrows furrowed, a strange feeling emerging from inside of me. "What... What did you just call me?" She looked at me curiously, "Is it okay if I call you that?" It was as if that was an old nickname to me, although no one called me Percay in my life. I grabbed her by the arm, turning her around. She didn't flinch, looking me directly in the eye. "Do I know you?" I asked, not knowing where I was going with this. She raised her eyebrows, her face emotionless. "No." She ripped her arm out of my grasp, walking away from me. I tilted my head curiously, watching her disappear into the crowd of silver.