Chapter 3: Playing Games

AUTHOR'S NOTE----------------------------------------

Hey guys, sorry for the late update. I finished making the first part of the chapter then I forgot to save it so I had to redo the whole chapter. Sorry for that.

Thanks also for the reads. Keep reading guys! Love ya'!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

LEE'S POV:

"Lee, c'mon. Ray and the others are waitng for us!" said Hans.

"Wait a moment." I replied as I continue to watch 8th graders play a game of Cardfight Vanguard. You see, our class is the most childish class among the whole highschool of Scholars Academy. We prefer playing childish games(tag,etc.) than playing mature games(Vanguard,etc.). But me and my friends love both games equally.

"Lee, we can no longer wait." said Hans as he pulled the back of my shirt.

"Fine, lets go but first, stop tugging on my shirt." I replied then Hans immediately stopped.

We went through corridors lined with classrooms at the sides. We stopped when we reached our classroom. There stood Ray, Egay, Silvy and other classmates who want to join the game too. 

"What took you so long?" asked Ray.

"Sorry if we took long, Lee had to watch some 8th graders play Vanguard." replied Gina jokingly. I could hear Oscar, Vincent & Hans giggle at my back.

"What is Vanguard?" Ray asked. This cracked us up. My classmates and I laugh at this. I can't believe Ray does not know anything about Vanguard when in fact, we keep talking about it in class. But well, what can you expect from the class clown of IV Year-Scholarship.

"No time to explain Ray. Lets start!" said Egay who was beside Ray the whole time.

"Baynte, Baynte Uno!" we chanted. (Baynte Uno means twenty-one in Bisayan)

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21 and Egay is the it. Run! I dashed down the ramp to the stage then down the quadrangle. I was with Oscar, Hans, Vincent, Cath, Kate & Angelie. I don't know where the others went.

Let me explain the game we are playing. It is like tag but if you get caught, you will also be the it. The first one caught will be the it in the next round.

I was still daydreaming when Cath suddenly screamed.

"Egay!"

I immediately positioned myself to run but Hans stopped me.

"Let's make this interesting."he said. I think he's planning to run when Egay was real close.

"Surround him!" I heard someone say and I'm sure it came from the back. I turned around to see that it was Nathan, the midget(or what I call the hobbit). He came from the other side of the quadrangle.

But I didn't follow any of their ideas. I ran to the stairs at the other side of the quadrangle then turned left then right then headed upstairs. There I met Zen & Won peacefully walking along the corridors.

"Were you caught?" I asked.

"No, how about you?" they said.

"No."

"Promise."

"Promise."

Then I began walking with them. In the distance, I could see Gina & Silvy going together. Suddenly, Vincent came running towards us. Zen & Won ran immediately, leaving me behind. Not knowing what to do, I ran to the other side. Wait, was Vincent caught? I swear he was not caught earlier. I was confused at this. Then I soon got my answer. I saw Egay go over Vincent and point to somewhere. I think they have a plan.

I went down the stairs then I saw Gina.

"Hey Lee." she said with a smile or rather a smirk.

I kept moving forward but when I saw the smirk, I slowly backed away. Then suddenly,

"Got ya'!" said Angelie catching me from behind. Now I'm an it.

"Plan worked!"  said Gina giving Angelie a high five.

"Who is still not caught?" I asked.

"All caught." said Egay who just arrived.

"Game over." said Hans entering the scene.

Soon, the rest of the classmates join in the game came and joined us. We rest for a bit so we could catch our breath. We were about to play again when the bell rang. Its time for class again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys like the chapter, I'll try to update more often. Happy Reading!