Chapter 17b: Heartbreak

GINA'S POV:

...Continuation of flashback

Zen started courting me the next day. We started from simple friends then it slowly upgraded. We became best friends in no time though, I would call it being special friends. I didn't tell anyone about it until Hans noticed that I was extra happy that week. So I told Hans everything.

The longer we were together, the more we developed feelings for each other. So, we built a relationship. He became my boyfriend. I was so happy at that time. But, I had no idea what will happen next.

It was lunchbreak. The school year is almost over. A few months to go then we'll be in IV-Year. I happily swung my lunchbox. 

"Ouch!" Oops! I hit someone at the back.

"Sorry." I said. The someone I hit was Chini, one of the school's varsity players in volleyball. 

"Its alright. I know you're jealous." She smirked. What the? Why would I be jealous of her? I mean there's nothing I would be jealous of. Before I could ask her, she walked away. What's wrong with that girl?

"Gina, come on." Lee said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

---

We arrived at the canteen. Hans and Oscar went in line and bought their food just like usual. Lee, Vincent, and I were headed to the table that Lee's mom had reserved. Everything was just like normal days but,

My jaw dropped to the floor. Zen was in the same table with Chini. They were laughing like they were really good friends. Almost as if, they had a relationship. I think it was my jealous girlfriend instinct telling me that. I just dropped the subject.

I know you're just jealous. Chini's words repeated in my mind.

No. It can't be. No, that'll never happen.

"Gina, we're here." Vincent snapped.

"Oh." Was all I managed to say.

"I know its troubling you, but don't mind them." Lee said. I clearly knew what he was talking about.

"Thanks for that Lee. But you know what, I really don't mind." I told him. Lee was about to tell me something but Zen suddenly stood up.

"Listen everyone! I declare that Chini is my new girlfriend." He proclaimed.

I was shattered. Why would he do that? At least, give me a proper break-up. I felt my classmates look at me. By now, everyone knew about us. Zen did the exact same thing. I pretended that I wasn't hurt. I sipped on the juice that was on my lunchbox. I will not show how hurt I am. Oh well, at least he's happy. 

Lee looked at me with pity. Vincent didn't even seem to care. Hans and Oscar arrived.

"Are you alright?" Hans asked.

"Yeah." I lied.

"I know you're not." Lee muttered.

"I said I'm fine." 

"What's going on here?" Vincent asked.

"Oh Vincent." We chorused. Then, we all exploded to laughter. Lee, Hans and Oscar suddenly stopped laughing. I slowly stopped as well. There in front of me, was a sight that I don't want to see. Zen kissed Chini. I can't take it anymore.

"Excuse, I'll go to the comfort room." 

At the cr, I broke down and cried. It started during a lunchbreak, it ended during a lunchbreak. The memories of Zen entered my mind. Now I knew how a break-up felt like.

                         ~She's BRokEN~

End of flashback...

---

"Gina, you're crying." Angelie said.

"I am?" She's right, I was crying. I felt tears peacefully going down my cheeks.

"I'm so sorry if I asked you. So many people know about this?"

"Yeah."

"How come I don't?"

"You weren't there."

"I'm so sorry." She hugged me then cried. Whoa! I didn't expect that.

"I always believed Chini that you cheated on him. I was so mad at you. But, I guess I was wrong." She sobbed.

"What do you mean, I cheated on him?" I asked. I didn't cheat on him, he did. That guy! I'm so pissed. 

"Let's go to the lockers, I'll tell you there." I followed Angelie. 

"Now tell me." I said then, the bell rang. 

"Let's go. I'll tell you later." Angelie said then she dashed ahead. For some reason, I didn't feel like following her.

"Gina, are you alright?" I looked up since I was sitting on the floor.

"Lee."

"What happened to you?" he asked. 

After that, I ran. I won't tell him anything.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! I hope you like this chapter. Sorry for the long wait. Well, its out. Here you go, Chapter 17b. 

Thanks for the reads guys! 342 reads...For me, that's a lot. Thank you so much! From the bottom of my heart. 

What do you guys think about this chapter? Comment your thoughts below. Vote if you want. See you in the next chapter! :)

-Skygan16