The Dangers

Chapter Eighteen

Eleanor's Pov~

I stare at the wall blankly. A bitter taste fills my mouth. I blink as if to get rid of tears, but there aren't any coming. I put my hair up into a ponytail and walked out of the room. I see Louis leaning against the wall at the end if the hall. I get closer to him and notice the smirk. He lifts his head and I see the darkness of his eyes.

I bite my bottom lip. I stand where I am as he walks over to me. Lupus. I stay as stiff as possible and he gently takes my hand. I tense up and stare at him. I want to pull my hand away, but I can't. It's not cause he is holding it to tightly cause he isn't. He is extremely careful and gentle. He doesn't say anything just looks into my eyes.

He let go of my hand and walks away. I breath normally again. That was the weirdest thing. I realize he put a note in my hand. I smooth it out and read it. I drop the note and place me hand over my mouth. The heavy breathing returns. I want to scream or cry. Instead I storm down to the dungeon. I walk past all the empty cells and come to the end if the hall. Nico is sitting in the corner of his cell holding a half eaten piece of bread in his hand.

"Boy drama got you down." He laughs. "Am I the one you really want to come to? To yell at? Scream your feelings? Blame me?"

"You seem to always know what's going on. How?" I asked.

"Well, that my secret." He smirked. "Since it's a secret, you can't know what it is."

"I just don't get it." I sighed.

I pressed my forehead against the bars that divide me and Nico. I reminded me of the first few days of being a werewolf back in college. I remember being locked away in the cell and somehow passing right through the silver bars.

"What did the note say?" Nico asked. His voice was more normal, as if he wasn't crazy. It was gentle and concerned.

"It said...: I reject you." I said. "But I don't get it. I mean he already accepted me as his mate. Why would he back out of it now?"

"Something changed inside of him." Nico said. "Did he have any sort of spell placed on him?"

"Yes." I said and lifted my head. "Kara lifted a curse she placed on him when they were like five."

"Oh, I remember she told me about that when we first started dating." He smiled for a second. "Because of that curse being lifted, Louis whole mind has changed. He has basically switched minds with his wolf, Lupus. The gentle, loving Louis you knew is now mean and hateful. Lupus is now gentle and loving."

"That explains a lot." I sighed.

"I'm sure it does." He said. "Now the only way to reverse the effects is to..."

"To what?" I asked.

"I'm not sure you'll like the answer." He said.

"And why not?" I glared at him.

"Well, you have to, how should I put this?" He pondered. "He has to be dead and then you have to bring him back to life by just willing it to happen. That's just call it true love."

"Then you better get ready to kill him in a few days." I said.

I turned on my heel and walked down to the end of the hall. I opened the door and walked out, Nico laughing behind me. I ran up the stairs to Andrew's room. I paused before knocking, I heard voices on the other side. I placed my ear up against the door to hear better.

"I don't see what you are getting at." Andrew said frustrated.

"You seem to never spend any time with me." Luna growled. "You spend most of your time with that deer, Fawn or in that room you hold meetings in."