Growing Close

Chapter Seven

Eleanor's Pov~

Memories of my childhood had finally past. The last one I had was when my dad got married to my stepmom. I was only eight so over the next few years I would just start calling her mom. My first memory as a teenager was coming soon.

I walked through the halls of my old high school. I saw myself, all alone just as I remember. I hadn't really gotten much of a education from my childhood so I had fallen behind in my studies. I claimed I had been homeschool after I got expelled in first grade. I had somehow convinced the school board.

I walked over to my younger self. This was the year I had started calling myself Tala. Everyone knew Eleanor as the girl that got expelled from first grade because she was failing and beating people up for no reason. All because of Gloria.

I sat in the desk beside Tala. I guess that's what I'll call my teenage self because I'm different from Tala, I've grown up.

It's been ages since I'd even thought of this place. It was a nightmare for me. I had no friends, no life, and no one that really loved me at the moment. Things did get better near the end of junior year. Danielle and I had become best friends and I had gotten a better relationship with my stepmom.

I looked at the depression in Tala's face as she stared into space. She was so lonely, afraid, and depressed.

Then, people stared coming into the classroom. I got up before someone sat in me. Yeah, in not on. I'm not really here after all, it's just a memory. I had never noticed before but the guy that sat next to me looked a lot like Mark. A lot like him.

Then, the teacher came in. Mrs. Herms, the history teacher. She was thin and tall with sad deep blue eyes, black hair turning gray, and skin drying up like a raisin. She was mean and grumpy a the time. Of course, she hated me most of all. Always calling on me to answer a question I didn't know the answer to and using me as a mental punching bag.

"Hello, idiots." She said. "Today I'm going to have a little fun with you guys. One particular person in fact, and we all know who that is."

She looked toward Tala as the rest of the class did. Her expression was the same as usual, depressed. She really had nothing to live for.

"Mrs. Herms, you need to stop picking on Tala so much." The guy who looked like Mark said. "Yeah, it is fun for you since she isn't that smart and she is falling behind. Still, she is a human being just like the rest of us."

Everyone looked at him. He just sat there defending me.

"Mr. Gold, you have a point. So, I have a better idea." She smirked. "You and Ms. Silver come up here."

His last name is Gold. Was I missing something during my high school years, I had forgotten about him.

He got up and went to the front of the class. Tala followed silently. Mrs. Herms had us stand next to each other a bit to close if you ask me.

"Now, kiss her." Mrs. Herms said.

Tala looked at Mark shyly. He rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably. I sat down in my old desk and leaned in as if I was watching a dramatic movie and stuff was getting good. The rest of the class did the same. Tala looked at the class and back to Mark. Mark looked at her uncertain. Tala turned away and ran out the door, crying. Mrs. Herms smiled proudly. Mark looked as if he was going to kill her, but instead he followed Tala.

I followed him out the door. How could I have forgotten about this stuff? Tala sat on the floor against the locker. She hugged her knees and cried into them. Mark came over and sat beside her. She looked up at him.

"What do you want?" She asked. "To make an even bigger fool of me."

"No." He said. "You are an amazing girl."

"No, I'm really not." She said. "Why would you even say that?"

"Well, cause it's true." He shrugged.

He wiped away her tears. Her expression went from sad to that look the girl in movies get before the guys kiss them. He started to lean in and my heart stopped as I saw myself having my first kiss. Weird things is, I had had it with my mate before we even knew we were mates.

The scene faded to black as the kiss ended. I stood in a totally black area. Then, torches magically lit down a hallway. I walked down and came to a door. It slowly opened as I got close. I walked inside as it closed behind me.

Six year old me stood their alone.

"So, what have you learned from these memories?" She asked.

"That though I've had ups and downs. They have made me who I am." I said.

"Do you have an answer to my question? The one I asked before witnessing these memories." She asked.

"No, I don't understand how my past is a lie or whatever." I sighed.

"You will learn one day." She smiled. "Unfortunately you can leave this place. You will reunited with your mate and witness his past. It is a long, difficult one."

"What?" I asked.

Before I could even guess an answer she would give me, she and the room disappeared. I saw Mark and a younger version of him. I ran over to Mark, I was so happy to see him. He turned slightly and saw me. He looked confused. I stop right in front of him.

"Eleanor?" He questioned. "Is it really you?"

"Yes it's really me." I smiled.

"But how are you here?" He asked.

"I'm not so sure." I shrugged. "At least we're together though."

"True." He said and held me in his arms. "I'm sorry for yelling at you."

"Don't blame yourself, it was my fault. I don't always realize how hard your life can be." I said. "I'm sorry."

"Lets just put it behind us. We have other troubles right now." He frowned.

He turned to look at the younger version of himself.

"I'm ready." Mark said.

"I'm glad your mate has come it will make this a whole lot easier for you to experience." Younger version said. "Now take her hand and clear your mind."

Mark took my hand and smiled at me. I smiled back a bit uncertain. Mark turned back to his younger self who disappeared. He gripped my hand a bit tighter.

The black haze we were in grew thicker. It seemed to engulf us and it began to eat away at my happiness. It wasn't to hard, I barely had any left. Mark closed his eyes and sighed. Uncertain, I did the same. I emptied my mind and opened my eyes again.

Mark gasped at what we saw. "I can't believe this. This day."

"The creation of the universe." I gasped.

It was hard to explain. Just a swirl of light and darkness. Worlds, stars, etc. all being created. It left me in awe. I couldn't believe what I was witnessing. It was amazing. I looked over at Mark smiling. Mark wasn't so excited though. He slowly lat go of my hand as he looked at his feet.

I felt like I was weightless after he let go and I started to disappear. I grabbed his hand and everything felt normal again.

"Ok, don't let go of me or I won't exist anymore." I said gripping his hand tight.

"I know." He said. "I just want to be alone, but I..."

"Oh..." I sighed.

I looked at my feet sadly. He shook his head and pulled me into his arms, holding me tight. I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head on his chest.

T

"I'm glad I can show you my past." He said.

"I'm glad I'm with you." I said.

I couldn't see it, but I'm sure he smiled at that. I couldn't keep myself from smiling I was just so happy to be with him. I just wish it would last forever.