A Trail of Moon Dust

Chapter Fourteen

Fawn's Pov~

I woke up in an empty room, my head throbbing. I sat up and stretched my aching bones. I looked around the dim lit room, it seemed familiar. Then, I knew where I was. I was back in a room, in Astra's fortress. In an uncharted area, somewhere in the world. It is completing untraceable, it would appear to be on a different planet.

I got off the ground and looked out the barred window. The sunlight blinded me for a minute. I saw a foggy courtyard. Some guards were carrying a lifeless body, it looked like Andrew. No wait, it is him. Great, now we're both dead. They probably have the whole Royal guard. I sat against the wall away from the window.

I was back to wearing my servant rags and I'm probably gonna be cleaning bloody floors once again. Still, I can tell something will be different this time. The blood might be mine.I heard the door open and I stood up. It was Astra.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"You have me incorrect information. I need to know the truth or punish you for lying." She said.

"How do you know if I know the information or not?" I asked. "I'm great at keeping secrets."

"I'll use every form of torture I know. I'll even kill your little crush, Andrew was it?" She smirked.

"I-I..." My body tensed and I shifted my weight uncomfortably. "I'll never tell you anything. It not like I could even be with him anyways, he already has his mate. It was a silly little crush, nothing more. I'll get over it quickly."

"You're a trooper." She shrugged. "I can still break you."

"Just try." I smiled. "It won't work."

She came over to me and studied me. She put cuffs around my wrists and dragged me out of the room. We walked through a variety of halls. I passed my the guards carrying the unconscious Andrew. I showed no sadness, knowing Astra would see it and use it against me.

"Fawn...?" Andrew mumbled, waking up.

I kept walking not looking back. Before I could stop it, I stared to cry. I tried to be quite as possible and wiped the tears away.

"Fawn!" Andrew yelled, struggling against the guards hold on him.

I saw Astra smirked and snapped her fingers. I turned around and one of the guards pull out a gun. He put it up against Andrew's head.

"No! Stop!" I screamed.

"Hold it!" Astra said and put her hand up. "He'll live, just tell me how I kill my niece."

"Don't do it Fawn!" Andrew said.

"I'll tell you." I sighed. "Just not here."

"Good." She smirked.

...

She led me to a dark room. She turned the lights on and I saw someone with their head down chained to the wall. The girl raised her head and I saw who she was. It was Luna, the moon goddess. Her black braided hair hung loosely, her silver eyes dulled, and her white dress ripped.

"What do you want, Aunt?" Luna croaked. "And who is with you?"

"Oh, this is Fawn. She know how to kill you and she is going to tell me in order to save your mate." Astra smirked. "Isn't this fun?!"

"Andrew?" Luna mumbled. "Where is he?"

"Save, for now." Astra said. She turned back to me. "Now how do I kill my niece."

"You have to kill Eleanor, and Luna will die. Their lives are linked. Kill Eleanor, Luna dies." I explained. "The only way Eleanor can die though is if her mate kills her. It is because her mate is cursed. If her mate isn't cursed anymore, the two are unlinked and Luna goes be to being totally immortal, you can't kill her."