A Dark Place

Chapter Eight

Mark's Pov~

I held Eleanor's hand as she witnessed my past with me. It was hard for me to do, I wasn't used to people knowing my past. She now knows how the universe was created though. Now for some of my first of many worst memories. The ones I still don't want to remember cause I can't forgive what happened.

Eleanor had grown a bit more distant then she usual. Her mind seem stuck on something, something she can't tell me. I knew instantly it was about me. I could tell, but I couldn't figure out what it was. What did I do?

The black faded into the memory. We stood by a tree. The tree had the charred oak and remember the day instantly. The day of my curse.

"Louis, this isn't nothing!" Kara screamed. "Why would you do this?"

She and younger me ran into the clearing by the tree. We were only four. My name was Louis at this time. Louis is my name.

"I'm sorry Kara, I didn't mean it." Louis said.

"You didn't mean it. You bit me!" She shouted. "I'll be lucky not to turn into the monster you are."

"No you don't mean that. I'm not a monster!" He cried.

"Oh, but you are." She said. "And anyone that loves you will come to realize that also."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I mean this." She explained. "Once you meet this mate of yours, she will love you in the beginning. The days will pass perfectly fine. Once you go to that final level of love, when you marry her, she will come to see the beast. She will she the monster. The wolf inside you."

That was the day Lupus was created. That is actually why Lupus is so terrible to Eleanor.

The memory faded into black. I sighed heavily. Eleanor looked at me her eyes wide.

"Well, now I know the truth. Two actually." She sighed. "Why Lupus treats me like crap and what your real name is, Louis."

"Yes, you know the truth." I said, it came out louder than I had meant. Eleanor winced at my tone. "I'm sorry, it just... these are some of my worse times."

"It's ok. I don't get it though." She said.

"What?" I asked.

"Why did you change your name?" She asked.

"You'll see." I replied.

...

The next few memories weren't really that big. Just explained how I died the first time. I got poisoned by my uncle who wanted to be Alpha. Then I was brought back to live in the Middle Ages and died again when I was fifteen. I was brought again during the Revolutionary War. Then I died actually trying to save my sister, that memory was a bit blurry. Then I came back to live again in modern times when I believe Eleanor was going to school. We actually when to the same school funny story.

The next memory came. The hit my heart kind of hard. I saw teen age Eleanor and teen age me. We were kissing. Our actual first kiss. My first kiss. It was much longer than I remembered. Eleanor gripped me hand tighter and mention how this was the last memory she had.

The kiss ended. "Um..." Teen me muttered. "Sorry."

Teen Eleanor, her name Tala at that time, just blushed smiling.

"For what?" She asked. "You're a good kisser."

"Um thanks?" He mumbled.

This is soooo awkward for me. The memory faded. Tiny me appeared.