one

chapter o ne

"hazel, please keep up!" Harper has a death grip on her daughter's hand as she forces her up the stairs

"hazel, please keep up!" Harper has a death grip on her daughter's hand as she forces her up the stairs. "We're already late, he's going to be so angry with me." Hazel gapes at the enormous black building in front of them, it was night time and she could see the many patches of red light coming from the windows. Her mother yanks on her daughters arm, a whimper slips from her mouth.

"Could you ease up a little?" Harper shoots her a glare before opening an entrance that leads inside the company's building. They're attacked with harsh and bright vermillion lights that shine down from the ceiling, the whole place soaked in the eerie color as if the building itself had just got done bathing in blood. "Mom, what's going on?" She tugs on her short and ebony paneled skirt while gawking up at the paintings on the wall, a strong scent of cinnamon fills her nose and she takes it in willingly.

Hazel turns to her mother who doesn't bother answering her questions. In front of them was a receptionist desk, there was also a gigantic portrait of a malicious-looking man in a satin red suit. His stature was extremely intimidating to her, the way his eyes stare Hazel down made her shift uncomfortably. She had a freakish feeling coursing throughout her body as she stands there in that very spot, goosebumps pop up onto her skin.