four

chapter four
days later

her eyes peek around the corner slowly, she watches as Jason and his father Lucas McCann discuss some important business. Hazel slides down the wall and crosses her arms over her chest, she wore nothing but one of Jason's white dress shirts. She had to admit that it was incredibly comfortable to wear his clothes, he never hesitated to let her do so.

Yesterday night consisted of him holding her all the way until daylight, it was one of the most peaceful nights of sleep he had ever gotten. Hazel stops her thinking after realizing that Jason and Lucas had stopped conversing. She peeks around the corner and sees Jason looking back at her.

"Princess, go wait in your closet okay?" Hazel stands up and pulls his shirt down, she strolls to her walk-in closet and closes the door behind her. Jason leans over and grabs the glass of scotch, he takes a sip then sits it back down onto the table. His father, Lucas, takes a hit from his cigarette and smashes it into the ashtray on the coffee table.

"Will you ever let her find out? You have to tell her one day Jason." Lucas arches an eyebrow and shrugs his shoulders.

"She's never finding out, it's staying that way. I don't want her to leave me if she leaves-"