twenty

chapter twent y
two years later

Hazel sat outside on her bright green lawn with her hands clasp down into her lap, she had on a long white dress that now flows smoothly with the wind

Hazel sat outside on her bright green lawn with her hands clasp down into her lap, she had on a long white dress that now flows smoothly with the wind. She came out every day before sunset waiting and hoping to see either Jason or Justin appear in front of her. It was obvious that she didn't care who it was that pulled up to her house, she just wanted one of her boys to come and hug the hell out of her and whisper in her ear that everything was going to be alright.

The front door to her house opens, Christina walks out wiping her hands off with a vibrant yellow towel. She watches as Hazel's curly and rambunctious silver hair dances to the wind. She strolls over to Hazel and sits down next to her, her arm wraps around her waist then travels up to hair, caressing her soft strands. "I don't think their coming, one of them will come some day." Hazel stares at her with her red eyes and nods her head swiftly. "We just have to have some hope."

"You're right, now... where are my babies?" Hazel smiles then stands up before running into the house, she spots Serenity and Naomi waddling around with their diapers on. Their dazzling hazel eyes light up when they see their mommy walking towards them with a joyful expression on her face. Hazel picks both of them up in her arms and showers their faces with sweet kisses, they giggle then lay their heads down on her shoulders.

They had moved to a little house in Iceland by the volcanoes, they didn't worry about them erupting because of the incident that happened one day. One of the volcanoes were on the verge of erupting, Christina and Hazel were packing their bags hurriedly with no hesitation.

They couldn't find the babies anywhere and they both had panicked filled throughout their bodies, Christina and Hazel had ran outside to find them with their hands out towards the eruption. The red and orangish lava was frozen, the rocks and debris that had exploded out into the air stood still in the sky. "Mama, Chrissy safe."

Both of them had developed powers from their father, but Serenity and Naomi were learning so much at an alarming rate. It was like they were growing up so fast and gaining new vocabulary and powers at the same time.

Serenity tended to be the quiet one, she would sometimes sit on Christina and Hazel's bed solving kiddie puzzles and ignoring her sister's wild behavior, she was really generous and loved animals. Naomi was the adventurous one, she loved to play outside and run around in the grass while yelling out "CHASE ME, MAMA."

At night, Christina and Hazel would sleep in the same bed with the girls in between them. They were wild sleepers, sometimes when Christina and her woke up Serenity's foot would be placed on Hazel's face and Naomi's hand would be tangled in Christina's hair. Hazel sits Serenity on her lap, Christina has Naomi on hers. They were sitting in the dining room eating their lunch for the day, the graceful rays of the sun shine through the windows of the house as they converse with one another.

The man behind the steering wheel drives down an empty road with nothing but one thing on his mind, his family. "Hold tight baby.... I'm coming." After dinner, Hazel's arms were wrapped securely around her children's waists as she catches fireflies with them. Hazel pecks their cheeks and opens her hands to let them go free once again, she stands up and grabs their small hands. Serenity and Naomi had on their cute pink onesies as Hazel and Christina hold them on their waists.

Sometimes at sunset they would go on long walks down the roads and stare in amazement at the beautiful grasslands and snow-covered mountains. They also did it so Serenity and Naomi could get some air and step out the house for a bit, as they walked Christina smiles and grabs Hazel's hand. They swing their arms back and forth and skip down the street with the girls laughing loudly, their voices echoing throughout the peaceful atmosphere.

The streets were always clear of cars, but this time it wasn't. Hazel and Christina quickly stop, they put the girls down and hold on to their hands. Naomi looks over at the cows and horses that roam the fields, she tugs on her mama's hand pointing at the animals. "Mama it's a cow and horsies." Hazel was frozen in her spot seeing a familiar person in the driver's seat.

The car instantly stops in the middle of the road, the person sitting in the seat steps out the vehicle. His luscious blonde hair blows in the wind, Hazel covers her mouth with her hand seeing the assortment of tattoos crowded on his arms. Her name was imprinted on the skin of his neck, in small cursive letters going down like the patience tattoo. Hazel's breathing speeds up alarmingly, Serenity and Naomi look towards the man with their big hazel eyes.

"Daddy.." Hazel and Christina thought it was absolutely crazy how the two of them already knew it was their father, Serenity and Naomi run towards him with the hugest smiles on their faces. The man falls to his knees with tears streaming down, when they reach him they jump into his arms. He smothers their cheeks with kisses for minutes, he then stands up and grabs onto their hands while walking towards Hazel with determination on his face.

Hazel walks towards him, her dress surging behind her. He had finally come after all these years, she knew it would be him. She knew that he would be the one that came for her, they stop in front of one another inches away.

Hazel hops into his arms, he secures them around her waist. Their lips move in harmony against each other, she collides her fingers through his hair then pulls away. Hazel places her lips against his cheek and breathes out a shaky breath. "Did you miss me baby? Nothing can break us apart, do you hear me?"

"....Jason."