Honeymoon

(Author’s note: Radioactive by Imagine Dragons sets the mood and pace for this chapter. If you so desire, please listen to is as you read to get the full emotional impact of the story. Start it when they enter the room.)

She bit her lip nervously as she and Loki walked arm in arm behind Odin and Solanna to Loki’s bed chambers. She was so nervous.

Loki smiled at her, and her heart beat faster. This was really going to happen.

She was ready. She wanted this more than she wanted her next breath.

“Here we are,” Odin smiled down at Rika leaning in to kiss her cheek.

Loki opened the door, letting Rika walk in first. The room was different now, lit dimly with candles and it smelled of cinnamon and roses. She turned and smiled to Loki as he shut the door, slowly walking to her. He reached out and caressed her cheek, and she closed her eyes, leaning into his touch. 

“I’ve been waiting for this day since you let me put that ring on your finger,” Loki said softly, leaning in, brushing his nose against Rika’s.

“I’ve been waiting since the first dream I had of us together,” she whispered against his lips.

Loki pressed his lips to hers, kissing her softly, slowly, taking his time. It heated her whole body, sending burning passion through her blood to ignite that ever smoldering fire she felt for him. She deepened the kiss, running her hand up his neck, pulling closer to him.

“Let us get you out of this dress, shall we?” Loki panted as he ran his hand down the back of her dress tugging at the zipper of her dress.

Rika blushed deeply, hearing the sound of him unzipping her, exposing her bare back, and looked down at his chest, shakily unbuttoning each button of his black shirt, exposing him in turn. She moaned, biting her lip, as she felt his hot fingers run down her back, sending chills across her body and at the same time heating her even more.  She worked at his tie, snaking it down his chest when it came untied, and she smiled when she heard his sharp intake of breath. She leaned in and gently pressed her lips to his warm skin, smiling against the flesh of his chest when she heard him groan. He slid the sleeves of the dress off her shoulders, tracing his finger tips along her arms as he did. 

She looked up at him, her mouth parted to compensate for her ragged breathing, her body shaking, meeting his heated gaze with her own. Her heart was racing, pounding at her chest, as she let her arms fall away from him, allowing her dress to slid easily off her soft, sun-kissed skin, displaying her breast, nipples already hardened, ready for his attention, the dress settling around her hips.

“You’re turn,” she choked out her voice cracking as she slipped the jacket off his shoulders, his arms at his side allowing it to fall to the floor. His shirt was already opened to her, so she ran her hands across his chest, hooking the shirt as she went, up to his shoulders where she slipped the shirt over and down his arms and let it bunch at his hip.

He slowly brought his hand up to her cheek, caressing her lips as he looked down at her. She felt her breath hitch and stepped closer to him, pressing her chest to his, loving the feeling of his heat against hers. She ran her hands around his waist and up his back, loving the feeling of his muscles flex and relax, bunch and move, under her touch. She wanted to remember ever detail of this night, she wanted to memorize it. She inhaled, taking his scent into her lungs, closing her eyes as she pressed her cheek to his chest, holding him close. He ran his hands down her arms, to her back, holding her close as well. 

“I love you, Loki,” she whispered against his skin, “I love you so much that sometimes it’s hard to breathe.  You make every minute of my life worth it, just to be with you, here, right now,” she looked up at his soft smile, “If I had to relive this life, I would for all eternity, the same way every time, just so that I could be here with you. So that I could fall in love with you over and over again.”