II;

HIS GREY EYES LOOKED UP from falling miserably to the ground, to find another pair of eyes glaring down at him. Before Draco could react naturally with a scowl and threat, he was cut off and felt a sharp jabbing against his chest with the person's wand. It was at this point he realized that he was dealing with a rather angry girl, who was now hovering over him.

"Are you blind?! Can't you see where you're going?" She snapped. "Do that again and I will-"

But Draco was too caught by surprise that someone had the nerve to threaten him. His eyes went from the poking of her wand to her deep colored eyes. He wanted to talk back, but was too afraid of what she would do with that wand, which was now really hurting his chest. What also made the Slytherin boy speechless was how close her face was to his. With this close of proximity between the two, he noticed she wore the proud emerald green and silver tie around her neck.

"-you hear me? Or are you deaf too?" She asked, now standing straight and crossing her arms. Draco suddenly realized he was still on the ground, and quickly got up. Draco couldn't help but catch the scent of vanilla that lingered on the girl who he now towered over, being taller.

Gaining back his sense of dignity, Draco spoke. "Excuse me, do you know who I am?" Draco hissed.

"No, blondie, I don't. I pay no attention to those... inferior." She smirked, earning an insulted gaze from the Malfoy. "Curious you don't happen to know who I am." She said, shoving past him. The mysterious yet brave girl gave a final turn towards the once again baffled boy. "You must be living under a rock." With that, his fellow Slytherin sashayed away with the same smirk plastered on her face before he could say anything. Draco sighed in defeat, disappointed he couldn't get the last word this time, and walked back onto his path towards the Slytherin common room.

'Odd encounter... Who does she think she is, to talk to me like that?' The boy thought, while reminding himself to ask his friends later.

"So you bumped into a girl who scolded you and now you're suddenly in love?" Zabini joked.

"What? No! I just simply want to know who she is. She said I was inferior to her, which I highly doubt since-" Draco said in an upset tone.

"Now, now, don't start boasting." Goyle sighed. "Why don't you find her and point her out to us? It's breakfast time, she has to be here."

The Malfoy agreed and looked nonchalantly down the Slytherin table. He kept his eyes open for the vibrant color of the girl's hair and her delicate face. But oddly enough, it was as if she didn't even exist. She was no where to be seen.

"Perhaps you were dreaming!" Crabbe suggested, seeing the difficulty Draco was having.

"I wouldn't dream before going to bed." Draco replied. "She's intriguing. With the attitude she gave me last night, she shouldn't have a date by now either." Draco remarked, while he sat up in confidence.

"Ah, so you are in love with her?" Zabini wiggled his eyebrows and took a sip of pumpkin juice as if to say 'how interesting'. After taking his sip, he continued. "Maybe here's your chance on getting five galleons, after all. I'm impressed, you managed to spot out a girl for the ball in under 24 hours."

Draco decided to ignore this one comment, knowing that Zabini would only continue to taunt him if he didn't. Draco gave one final glance down the table, still trying to find the familiar hair color of the proud girl. As if his wishes were granted, the Malfoy felt a strange swift movement behind him and the familiar whiff of vanilla filled his nose. He turned around, and as expected, saw the girl moving quickly to sit next to a few other Slytherin girls, probably apologizing for being late. He turned quickly back to his friends before catching her gaze.