VII;

"OK, WONDERFUL. YOU HAVE THE dress robes." Nott cheered, but everyone around him could hear the sarcasm tinged in his voice. "But where's your date?"

"Are we going to talk about this again?" Draco sighed, closing the box of dress robes. "Just leave it alone."

"Three days, Malfoy. Three days till the Yule Ball. Every normal person has a date by now." Nott crossed his arms and rested them on the table, his facial expression indifferent. "You do realize she could have a date now, right? I would start looking into other options... Not that you have any at this point."

"And since when do you care?" The Malfoy stared at his fellow Slytherin in disbelief.

"I actually don't care at all," Nott leaned back a bit, shrugging, "but have you seen your spoiled self not get what you want? Nightmare for days..."

"Thanks, Nott." Draco rolled his eyes before standing up from the Slytherin table, ready to leave. He grabbed a green apple, as well as his dress robes box, and started his leave out of the doors of the Great Hall. Sometimes, his friends were just too annoying to handle, and Draco wasn't going to put up with it this winter Saturday.

Then, there was that feeling again. The feeling of loneliness, because he wasn't too sure if they were his friends anyway. Maybe it was just Slytherin nature to not be as friendly, but Draco had witnessed other Slytherins being just normal friends, who didn't constantly tease each other and deceive one another.

But who was Draco to think all of this? He was a Malfoy, probably the worst of his group of Slytherins. He was the one who actually leads them- Nott, Zabini, Crabbe, Goyle- they all followed him around. Maybe they don't mean to make it look like the Malfoy is some type of king, but it was true. Everyone knew that Draco was the meanest of them all. Even Draco knew that he treated his companions horribly too. What a hypocrite he was.

Still, he couldn't help but crave someone who truly understood him, and didn't just associate with him just to look better.

Yet he had to face the fact that everyone else was just simply too afraid of him. How could they not be? He's intimidating, and according to Potter- his father is vile and cruel.

And you're only pathetic, is what Potter said about Draco.

If the white-blonde boy hadn't been turned into a ferret just moments later, he might've actually taken those words to heart.

After Draco dropped off his things in his dorm room, as well as grabbing a thicker winter coat and money, he started journeying his way to Hogsmeade. But before he could go to the village, he had to wait in a line of students for Mr. Filch, to match their names on a list of students who had permission. The caretaker took a quick glance at Draco once it was his turn, and nodded his head in approval.

Draco was finally in Hogsmeade after what seemed like forever, and most importantly: he was alone. He had this time to enjoy the winter air against his cheeks and the delicate snow fall onto him, completely alone. No ridiculous goons to distract him and no playful idiots to mess with him.

The Malfoy's steel-grey eyes wandered over the small village in front of him. It looked exactly like a scene you would see on a Christmas card, with the little shops and other buildings covered in a layer of sparkling snow. Wreaths hung on the doors and strings of Christmas decor dangled from various windows and even trees.

Students from all the schools were running around the place. Zabini was right, it was quite busy. Even the students from the foreign schools were hopping from shop to shop. But with just a few days till Christmas day, it was understandable. Draco only prayed he wouldn't see anyone while buying something for his mother.