XVI;

THE YULE BALL WASN'T THE only drama occurring during winter break. Word was spreading about a certain Care of Magical Creatures professor, none other than Rubeus Hagrid himself. It was revealed that he was a half-giant, and Draco was being happily interviewed by Rita Skeeter about the situation. Although he didn't particularly like the woman as she constantly tried to meddle with the personal lives of the Malfoy family, he was quite excited about getting Professor Hagrid sacked.

"How has Professor Hagrid used his new form of authority over the students?" Rita Skeeter asked her acid green quill writing away on a piece of parchment.

"To terrify my fellow students and me with horrific creatures, of course!" Draco sighed dramatically. "Ask anybody, his lessons are very frightening."

"Has anything serious happened in these lessons?"

Draco nodded eagerly. "I know of some incidents... I was actually one of the unlucky ones who were seriously injured during one of his lessons."

"No!" Rita gasped in disbelief, putting a hand to her heart.

"Yes. I was attacked by a hippogriff, and my friend Vincent Crabbe got a bad bite off a flobberworm," Draco pretended to have brimming tears in his eyes for emotional effect.

"Unbelievable! How do you think all the other students feel about him teaching?"

"We all hate Hagrid, but we're just too scared to say anything," Draco now faked a frown, making sure he was very convincing.

"You poor things!" Rita pouted but was amused by the now fully-written piece of parchment. "Well, that's all I need to know! Thank you, darling. You can go now."

Draco smirked, straightening his robes as he stood up and left the broom closet she wanted to interview him in. It was so stuffy in there and he couldn't take another whiff of that older smelling perfume. He was more than thrilled to finally leave. But the interview was worth it, Hagrid was definitely going to get sacked now. The first day of the term would begin very soon now, and Care of Magical Creatures with the Gryffindors was a class that day. Draco couldn't wait to see Harry Potter's reaction.

He sauntered down the corridor in a proud manner. His mood today was a lot happier than usual. So many good things were happening today aside from the interview, including getting a package of sweets from his mother and a letter of praise from his father. Draco was right; his father was impressed with his choice of date for the Yule Ball.

Speaking of which, (Y/N) Phoenix still hasn't uttered a word to him. She hasn't even looked his way. Whenever they did appear in each other's presence, the girl would just walk away with a snooty expression.

But today he wanted it to be a different story. With all the good things happening today, maybe talking to her wasn't such a bad idea. Draco hated being ignored.

It was a cold afternoon, and all of the students were either in their Common Rooms or the library. Since Draco had finished all of his homework in the last couple of days, he decided he'd go to the Common Room to see if his friends were in the mood to do something worth his time.

Once he got to the dungeons, which were colder than usual because of the weather, he said the password and walked through the stone entrance to the Slytherin Common Room. In there were quite a few students, many of which were cramming in last minute homework. One of them being Zabini, who seemed to have a lot more homework today than a couple of days ago. Surrounding Zabini was Crabbe, Goyle, and Nott. While Crabbe was eating a biscuit, Goyle was foolish enough to challenge Nott in a game of Wizard's Chess. It was very evident that he was losing.