Help and Piggyback Rides

Amane's POV
The rest of the day Obi helped me walk, well hobble, around the castle. We would stop occasionally and watch the clouds or let the breeze blow into our faces.

Sleeping that night was rather uncomfortable, so I barely slept.

I woke up again to knocking on my door. I hope Zen didn't tell Obi to wake me up again today.

I swung my legs off the bed, pain shot through my leg and into my arm. I grabbed the pain pills Chief Garak gave to me yesterday, grabbed my crutch, and went to the door.

I opened it to reveal Obi. He smiled brightly as I gave him an annoyed look.

"Good morning, Miss Amane!" he chirped, still smiling like an idiot.

"Seriously, Obi." I sighed annoyed, it was too early for bright happy people.

"Master told me to take care of you until you're all better."

"So, you're going to wake me up early?"

"I didn't just want to barge into your room, Miss. That would just be rude."

"What do you know about being polite?"

"Got me there." Obi chuckled.

"I'm going to go change, you're welcome to come in and sit down." I said as I crutched away, leaving the door open for Obi

He kindly accepted the offer and came in shutting the door behind him.

I had to find something that was easy to get into without a lot of help. I grabbed a dress that had a plaid skirt, a sweater, and a pair of combat boots and made my way to the bathroom connected to my room.

I got the dress on with only slight difficulties, but I couldn't get the sweater or my boots on.

I poked my head out of the bathroom and saw Obi sitting casually on my bed.

"Uhm.....Obi can you help me." I asked, shielding my bright red cheeks with the door.

"What do you need help with?" Obi asked standing up from the bed.

"I can't get my sweater or boots on." I said. There was something so embarrassing about having to ask the guy guarding you to help you change.

"Come sit down on the bed, I can help you." Obi said, smiling another bright smile.

I came out with the boots and sweater and sat down on the bed. Obi kneeled in front of me and took the sweater.

He gently lifted my left arm, the one that goes in a sling, and slowly pulled the sleeve on.

"Sorry, if I hurt you." he said.

"It's fine." I muttered.

He had pulled the sleeve on fully and held the other side of the sweater out for me to stick my arm through. Once I had the sweater on Obi put my sling back on my arm and started with putting my boots on.

He unlaced them and stretched them out a little before he easily slid it onto my foot. He left it unlaced and did the same with the other, but he was more carefully so he didn't hurt my ankle any more.

I winced as he accidentally twisted my foot.

"Sorry." he said, looking to me for the first time since he had started helping.

He started lacing up my boots leaving the left one lose so it wouldn't be too tight on my ankle.

"There you go, Miss Amane." Obi said, smiling again.

"If only I could walk around without these annoying crutches." I said wistfully. It was true I would like to walk around without the crutches, but I have a feeling I can talk Obi into letting me walk around without them.

"You need them though." he said.

"Yeah, it sucks how everyone can move about freely without crutches, but alas I can't." I smiled to myself.

"I could carry you." Obi suggested.

"What?" I hadn't even think about having Obi care me.

"I can give you a piggyback ride." Obi said.

"O-okay." I don't know why I was stuttering.

Obi turned around and bent down.

"Hop on, Miss." I was skeptical about having Obi give me a piggyback ride, but I got on his back anyway. I wrapped my arms around his neck, trying not to chock him.

Obi started walking towards the window.

"Where are you going!?" I shouted at him.

"Calm down." he said chuckling slightly. "I'm not going to hurt you. I do this a lot."

"Give girls piggyback rides then jump out of a window?"

"No, I jump out of windows all the time." he said, I could basically feel his smile.

"I don't trust it."

"I know what I'm doing." he said as he opened the window.

He stood up on the windowsill. My grip tightened, and I basically chocked Obi. I heard him chuckle as he jumped out the window.

I wonder what the guards are thinking right now. I mean, someone just jumped out of the second floor window with someone on their back.

Obi landed lightly and gracefully.

"You can release your grip, Miss Amane. You're kind of chocking me.

"Oh, sorry." I said, releasing my grip a little.

Obi started walking somewhere.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see." he said.

He continued walking not telling me anything about where we were going. I closed my eyes as a breeze blew through, and I laid my head on Obi's back.

"Miss, are you sleeping?"

"No, the breeze is just amazing." I said. I sounded very wistful and groggy at the same time.

Obi stopped walking, and I looked up to see we were at the stone seats in the woods that I had ran to yesterday.

Obi sat me down on the stone and then proceeded to sit beside me.

"It's beautiful here. Thank you for bringing me back here, Obi." I said smiling at him.

He had a tint of pink on his cheeks, and I have to admit I did too. It was awkward with just us two, out in the woods alone.

"Thank you, for saving me yesterday." I said, looking to Obi. His yellow/gold eyes reflected the sun that beamed through the canopy of leaves.

"It's my duty to save those I'm chose to protect." he said it smoothly, like he had rehearsed it over and over.

I had to say in these few days if known Obi he's really grown on me. I feel the feelings are deeper then I know.

I know Obi has feelings for my sister, I can see it when he talks about her or sees her. His eyes light up like stars. They will never do that for me. My feelings are not returned, so I will keep them to myself and allow Obi to be with whomever he pleases.

Obi's POV
I couldn't stop the pounding in my chest as I sat beside Amane. We were all alone in the woods, that's all it was. I don't actually like her.

Or is it Shirayuki that I don't actually like.

These feelings confused me so much. Did I like Shirayuki or did I like Amane?

----------------------------------------------
1180 words!
How was this chapter? You got to see a little Obi x Amane so that's kind of cute.
Tell me if you ship these two characters together.
I'll see y'all next time