First Night

Amane's POV
About three hours later Zen and his aids had gotten me a room in the East Wing, right next to Shirayuki. I was getting kind of excited about staying in the castle, but with Prince Izana I'm kind of scared he will hate me.

"This is where you will be staying, Miss Amane." Obi said, opening my door and gesturing inside.

"Thank you, Obi. I am very excited to get to know you." I said, smiling brightly.

"And I as well. Well, I better be going. Master will be pretty mad if I am late. If you need anything, or are in trouble, come find us." he said, before he took off out the window.

'I see. He likes to travel the fastest way, as do I.' I thought. I smiled one last time before I turned into my room, closed the door and started unpacking. I guess you could say I'm kind of emo. Though, I would never want to do some crazy hair color. Most people think that I'm scary, because I'm mostly in black, but once they get to know me they realize I'm just a normal girl.

I put away all my clothes and decided to go see Shirayuki. I was told that she works at the pharmacy, so I went to find her.

Shirayuki's POV
After my meeting with Prince Izana I couldn't stop thinking about what he said.

~Earlier~
"So, Shirayuki, have you figured out how you feel about Zen yet?" Izana asked sitting down on the lavish couch.

"Zen's a close friend to me-"

"Not what I meant. Zen came to me and said he wanted you by his side." he said looking over to me.

"Uhm...Then I will work to be someone worthy to be by Zen's side." I said smiling.

"Do you like Zen?"

"Of course, he is my friend after all."

"No, do you like Zen on a deeper level?"

"Uhm.."

"I don't expect you to answer right away. That is all you may leave."

~Present~
'Do I like Zen on a deeper level?' I asked myself, as I went through the herbs, making sure we had them all in stock. I was so deep in thought I never noticed that the chief herbalist was calling me.

"Shirayuki? Shirayuki!?" she yelled.

"Oh! Uhm..Yes, Chief." I said coming back to my senses.

"There's someone here for you." she said smiling.

The last time someone came here for me it was Zen, and he ended up falling asleep.

I walked into the bunk room to see Amane looking out the window.

"Oh, Amane! I didn't think you would be in here." I said shutting the door behind me.

"I'm sorry for bothering you at work. I just finished unpacking and had nothing to do." she said, still staring out the window.

"Let me finish up for today and we can go for dinner." I said, smiling happily.

"That sounds amazing!" she shouted, turning around and giving me the brightest smile.

"Let me just finish checking the herb list, and we can go." I said walking out of the room.

"Okay!!" I heard her shout, excitedly as I made my way back to the pharmacy.

Amane's POV
I continued staring out the window as Shirayuki went back to finish up work. I was lost in my thoughts and didn't realize that someone else had come into the room.

"I see we both had the same idea." I turned around to see Zen standing in the doorway with Mistuhide, Kiki, and Obi behind him.

"Oh, sorry I was lost in my thoughts. If you all would like Shirayuki and I just made plans to go eat dinner, would you like to join?" I asked, giving them a bright smile.

"That would be great." Obi said, smiling back.

"Great! Shirayuki just has to finish up with work." I said, sitting down on one of the chairs.

~30 minutes later~
We were all sitting in the bunk room talking and laughing when Shirayuki came in.

"Oh, you're all here." she said, surprised.

"They said they would come to dinner with us." I said, standing up.

"Okay." Shirayuki said, smiling a closed eye smile.

We all walked to a dinning hall and got food. I chose a cheeseburger with a side of macaroni n' cheese and mashed potatoes.

I was the first to get my food, so I picked a table that had enough room for all of us. I sat down and noticed some guards staring at me.

'They must not have heard of me, or maybe they did.' I thought to myself, trying to ignore the stare of the guards and focused on my food.

"Miss Amane, are you okay?" Obi asked, as he sat down his food.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied, forcing a smile. The truth is having everyone stare and talk about me reminded me too much of when I was working in the pub. I was always stared at, and all the guys tried to get me to serve them.

"You don't seem fine." Kiki said, sitting down beside Obi. Mistuhide sat on the other side of Obi, Shirayuki sat beside me, and Zen sat beside Shirayuki.

"I was just deep in thought." I said, forcing another smile. Mistuhide, Kiki, and Obi didn't seem to convinced by my statement but forgot about it when I said, "Lets eat."

We all ate in a comfortable silence. The only thing heard was silverware hitting the plates. Until Obi broke the silence, "So, Miss Amane, do you have a prince somewhere?"

"What?" I croaked out, almost choking on my food.

"You said everything that happened to Mistress was happening to you, and she found a prince. So, have you?" Obi said, giving me a cheeky smile.

"Uhm..." I couldn't think fast enough.

"Obi, it's not polite to ask a question like that." Mistuhide said sternly.

"Oh, I didn't know that. I was just making small talk." Obi said, looking down at his food. He seemed to get slightly serious but it disappeared before anyone else noticed.

"I think I'm just going to go back to my room for the night." I said, standing up from the table quickly. I started walking away.

"Wait, if what Obi said hurt you, he didn't mean it." Zen said, coming over to me. He tried to keep me from going.

"That's not it. It's just late. Thank you all for taking me to dinner, I'll see you all tomorrow." I added, walking to the East Wing.

When I got back to my room I changed into my light blue cami with black sweat pants and laid down in bed. I just laid there looking up at the ceiling thinking.

"Do you have a prince somewhere?" The question swirled around in my head over and over.

I couldn't stop thinking, I wanted to tell them, but I couldn't. They would treat me differently. 'Why would they? They're royalty too.' I told myself. But my brain counteracted and said, 'But it's different. The prince that you have is...' 'No!! It doesn't matter who the prince is! They'll treat you the same.'

My brain continued racing. It was like one half had a good point, while the other had an argument against it. I was caught up in my thoughts that I hadn't noticed I'd drifted off to sleep.

---------------------------------------------
1232 words!!!
Hey guys, hope y'all are liking this story so far. Also who is this mysterious Prince that Amane is scared to tell everyone about? 😕
Anyway Comment and like 😘