Old Friends and Jealousy

~1 month later~
Amane's POV
I finally got all of my wraps and my sling off. My ankle was healed, as was my hand and shoulder. I was so happy that I didn't need help dressing and walking around any more.

Winter was coming to an end and it was warming up fast. Once Chief Garak took my wraps and sling from me I went back to my room to change into something light and comfortable.

I decided to wear a pair of jean shorts, with a long sleeve black sweater that hung off my shoulder, and added my black combat boots, with a grey beanie and a skull necklace.

I quickly changed and walked out of my room. I had promised Zen I would help with planning the proposal once I had gotten back on my own two feet.

I swiftly made my way to Zen's study, making sure no one noticed me or where I was going.

He said Kiki and Mistuhide would be training soldiers, and Obi would be guarding Shirayuki; I attempted avoiding any areas I thought thy would be by using hidden halls and/or rooftops.

I had gotten to Zen's study and was about to knock when I heard voices inside.

"What the hell are you doing here!?" It was Zen shouting. I put my ear to the door and listened intently.

"I'm here to meet an old friend of mine." The other voice was male, and he sounded oddly familiar to me.

"If you are speaking of Shirayuki I strongly suggest you get going now." Zen demanded.

"That's not the friend of speaking of." I couldn't place my finger on who that voice belonged to, or why I knew that voice.

"What are you doing, Miss?" The sudden voice from behind me made me jump. I looked behind me to see Obi, Kiki, Mistuhide, and Shirayuki.

"Oh, hi guys. I thought you were all busy with other things today." I said trying to brush off that they had just seen me listening in on Zen's conversation.

"I'm on break for a little while so Obi and I decided to come back." Shirayuki said.

"The guards were begging for a break, so we also decided to come back for a while." Kiki said, smiling delightedly at her torturing of the guards.

"What are you doing here, Miss Amane?" Obi asked.

"I was just walking by and thought I would drop by. I didn't think the prince would have a visitor though."

"A visitor?" Mistuhide questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Zen was just talking with someone. Their voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't place exactly who it was." I said, placing a finger to my chin.

"Lord Haruka?" Kiki asked.

"No, it didn't sound like him."

"Prince Izana?" Shirayuki asked.

"No, not him either."

"Lord Brekker?" Mistuhide asked.

"Nope."

"A guard on duty?" Obi chimed in.

"Maybe, but it seemed Zen didn't like this person."

Everyone looked at each other, trying to find out who this person was.

Third Person POV
Finally Amane said, "Why don't we just walk in and see for ourselves?"

Everyone agreed with a nod and Kiki led the way into the room, stopping abruptly as she saw who the man was.

"Red, it's good to see you again." Amane was shielded from the man by Obi, but his voice was so familiar she had to find out who it was. She poked her head out from around Obi and caught the eyes of the brown headed man.

"Mihaya?" she asked as she walked completely out from behind Obi.

"Violet, don't you look lovely." he said as he gave her a once over.

Amane quickly ran up to the once noble boy and gave him a hug. He hugged back, picking her up and spinning around.

"Yaya, I haven't seen you in forever." Amane said, sadly.

She hadn't noticed that Obi seemed upset over this guy touching her.

"Don't call me that, please." Mihaya said chuckling.

"You know him?" Mistuhide asked.

"When I was living with the Lions of the Mountain I used to go around climbing trees with him. He's the reason I found out where Shirayuki was. He told he had kidnapped her." Everyone seemed to tense as they remembered Shirayuki being taken by Mihaya.

"Sorry, about that again, Red." Mihaya said.

"Your hair has gotten long, Yaya. You need to cut it." Amane said as she started messing with his hair.

"Your hair has got long too." he said as he picked up a strand of her hair and started messing with it as well.

"I'm a girl. It's natural."

Amane started putting Mihaya's hair up in a bun, all to his dismay.

"There now it's perfect." she stated as she stepped back and viewed her work.

"If we are all done here I need to talk with, Amane." Zen said, signaling everyone to leave.

"I'll see you later, Violet." Mihaya said as he left the room with everyone else.

"I didn't know you were friends with Mihaya." Zen said as Amane took a seat in front of his desk.

"Is it bad that I am? I mean I know he kidnapped Shirayuki and all, but he was always there for me."

"It's not a bad thing that he's your friend. Anyway, how am I supposed to propose to Shirayuki?" Zen seemed stressed.

"Take her on a walk into the forest, and then just pop the question." Amane said, mater of factly.

"I feel that's to simple for Shirayuki."

"Shirayuki is a simple girl. Listen you're a prince, she doesn't like you because you're a prince. She likes you because you're an amazing person. It doesn't matter how extravagantly you propose, you don't need to propose extravagantly, do what you think would be best."

"You're right. Shirayuki doesn't care about extravagant stuff like that. As long as it's sentimental."

"See you didn't need me for this. I'll be going now. I'll see you later, Prince Zen." Amane said as she exited the second princes study.

Mihaya was waiting at the door for her.

"Lets go catch up." he said as she walked out.

"That sounds amazing."

Mihaya and Amane walked out into the courtyard. Mihaya leaned against a tree as Amane laid her head on his lap. They laughed and talked about everything that had happened since the last time they had seen each other.

What they didn't know was that Obi, the ex-assassin turned guard for the second prince's soon to be wife, was watching them jealously.

----------------------------------------------
1090 words!!
Okay so y'all are probably asking why Mihaya calls Amane Violet. It's because her eyes are like a violet color.

I hope y'all liked and I'll see y'all next chapter