Part 17: Dancing in the Dark

"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." 
-Kahlil Gibran   

Previously: 

The boy turned around to face me, his eyes were puffy and red from crying, and his eyes held no emotions at all. As soon as I recognised his features, my whole body was terrified yet somehow, in the depths of my heart I was grateful and happy . He was the boy in the picture I saw back in Alessio's journal, in fact, he was Alessio. This was the night of thirteen; he was my Prince Charming.  

NATALIA'S POV:

What should I do? does he really care if I saw him jump down a bridge? will he stop once he saw me?

Questions were running through my head while everything happened in slow motion.

'We can't just stand and stare while someone is going to commit-'

Accacia stopped talking when we saw the boy jumping down the bridge. I flew as fast as I can to safe the poor boy but sadly, my hopes went down when I heard his body entering the water with a loud splash.

What should I do now? Oh... this is bad..... There's only one possible way, one.... two.... three... I can't believe I'm saving a stranger.

I dove down the cold water to save the boy from drowning. Right after I located his body I swam out of the water before I started to breath water. The boy was unconscious, hopefully not dead.

'He could be our mate, don't let him die!' Accacia warned.

"HE IS OUR MATE." I shouted "But he have changed, he's nothing like what you wanted him to be." I whispered realising that nobody would hear me, I just hope I could somehow change my past.

'Do you really want to?' Accacia asked

'I don't know, I'm not sure, and that is the scariest part.' I answered, letting a tear fall.

I laid him down on the grass, I kneel by his side not knowing what to do. He was breathtakingly handsome, not in a good way though. I pulled a couple strands of his hair to the side, how could someone look so beautiful? but who knows? looks could be a disguise to what the person truly is.

His eyes swayed open before coughing, alerted, I took a few steps back. His eyes wandered around until it met mine, his cold eyes vs my dull ones. His gaze on me left me speechless, if only life was a fairy tale.

"What's your name?" He asked, breaking the awkward silence.

 "W-W-what's y-yours?" I stuttered.

"Are you cold?" he asked, crawling closer to me.

"I-Im f-fine." I replied.

"I'm Alessio." He smiled, offering me his hands. His smile is one of those smiles to hide the pain, don't worry I understand.

"Nice to meet you," I said, while my hands shakily shake his. 

"your name?" he asked, raising his brow.

"I don't give my names to strangers."

"That's not fair!" he huffed.

"life is unfair." I stated.

"Fine then, Angel." he crossed his arms. We were quiet for a few moments until Alessio called me with my new nickname,

"Angel?"