Chapter 1- The queen's guard dog

(A/N) None of the characters in the story except for earl Allingham and his household belong to me! Credit goes to Yana Toboso.

-Narrater's POV-
Late at night in one of the smaller streets of London two dark figures were the only creatures still awake at this time. It was the officially dead earl of Phantomhive and his loyal butler.

"May I ask you something, my lord?" said the tall butler. "What is it Sebastian?" answered the earl. "Why did you decide to stay here in England for now?" The young boy looked at the tall man behind him, "Are you questioning me?"

A slim smirk appeared on the ravenhaired male's face. "Of course not, sir." "Then why did you ask?" Ciel proceeded to walk down the street.

"Well, considering the events that occurred lately and the fact that we both are officially declared dead I wondered what would be worth all this trouble." "Are you trying to tell me this is the wrong course of actions?" 

The butler couldn't help but feel annoyed at his master's responses.  "Your opinions are mine, too, of course. My intention was simply a concern about your safety, master." "I'm staying to maintain my position as the queen's guard dog, obviously," the young earl responded with a serious look on his face.

-Sebastian's POV-
I had to admit, that surprised me. 'What is the use in that after making all the preparations to leave his human life behind? Even after he has become a demon, I still can't see through his actions...' I thought to myself.

"Demons don't need souls the same way like humans do food to survive, correct?" my master continued. "Indeed, my lord," I responded.

"Well.... Then I have more than enough free time to maintain my duties until someone continues them for me. That the queen will not contact me and everyone thinks I am dead doesn't change anything. It's my duty to proof that even after their apparent extinction the Phantomhives will not let her majesty down."

I couldn't hold back from letting out a short chuckle after hearing my master's words.

"Why are you laughing at this? You are my butler, are you not!?" the small boy looked at me with anger. His eye even flashed its pink demon colour for a moment.
I just smiled and bowed, "Till the end, my lord."

'How truly pathetic... Even as a demon he won't let go of his human ideals...'