Chapter 3: Meeting the members

In my dream I see HER smiling at me, wanting to come closer but I don’t know what to do. She can’t contact me, it’s like there is a shield between me and her. She looks at me and I realize she has said something but I can’t read lips very well so I shake my head and say ‘What are you trying to say Sydney?’ Someone shakes me awake, and as I open my eyes I see that we arrived at a small wooden house. How long have I been asleep? And me seeing Sydney was no coincidence at all, or was it? I look out the window and see that this person lives near the water. I wonder why? Is it because he/she is water elemental? Or is that just for regular person living in the house? I sigh and get out of the car like the rest of the team, with Sonya in tow. Nobody said anything and I wonder why they weren’t talking. I could tell that even though they came here for food, Jill was nervous she was using her hands to twist her hair. I don’t remember her being this afraid or scared. Is she afraid that I’m going to judge because she’s going to feed on a human in front of me? I know that vampires can’t exactly feed in front of humans, because otherwise they’ll get scared or they will tell someone that vampires are real. I haven’t event taken the test to become an alchemist, and now I’m already working? The first thing that I see is that the house smells like plants and just the air of the ocean water. As I looked through the windows I saw that he/she had pictures on the walls including some animals like deer’s and bears.  Dimitri decides that he will be the one knocking on the door, while doing so I check out their yard. It had so much grass and benches around the perimeter. The flower garden looked beautiful that I could actually picture spring come back after this awful winter months.

“Ahhh, Dimitri come in and bring in the rest of the crew. What have we here?” As he said this, his head turns my way and he smiles. I nod my head and head inside. What was I supposed to do? He sort of creped me out, I didn’t even know him at all and there he goes and acts like I’m one of them. The air whooshes out it’s like I can finally breathe the good air instead of so much sea water smell from the outside chill air. Although I don’t have a clue why I was imagining his home being so different on the inside than on the outside? But maybe I was just too tired to do anything.

“So Jill needs a feeding? It’s upstairs to the right, she’ll be there waiting for you.” Jill nods her head, and she and Eddie depart. Why would Eddie go with her when she can go by herself, I guess she is a princess after all.

“Is it alright if I feed too, I’m sort of hungry and I don’t think having a human here I could bare it.” When he says this, I turn and look at him it’s as if I wasn’t there at all.

“You know I’m right here Adrian Ivashkov.” He looks surprised.

“How did you know my name? Well that sounds stupid, what I meant was how did you know my last name? I didn’t tell you I know that for a fact.” He took out drink, which I presume was alcohol and started drinking. Didn’t he stop doing that when he was with Sydney? Even though she didn’t tell me that she was with him, I could tell that they were together.

“Well I know a lot about you, and the rest of your kind. So excuse me if I’m a human, but I thought you would be much nicer towards us.” With that I ask the man if he has a restroom and he says that it’s on the second floor to the left. I nod a thank you and head upstairs. As I passed the room on the right, I saw Jill biting a woman on her neck while the woman was moaning. I can’t believe this, why would they do that. As if sensing a presence she looks up but I quickly run towards the bathroom and shut the door. I press myself against the coolness of the door that feels on my skin. I decide to just wash my hands and stay in there for a while. I looked myself in the mirror and I realized that my hair was way too straight and my eyes were light. My cheeks looked feverish and I suddenly felt uneasy being in the same room as them. I need to leave as soon as possible, and that is why I decide to climb out the window and into the evening air. I made sure that I closed the window properly and jumped of the roof. I still hoped that they wouldn’t notice me gone. I start walking away from the house, I need to call Mrs. Cooper before the others find out that I’m not there anymore. On the third ring she answers the phone thank goodness.