Ch.10- Take a Deep Breath

One Month Later

"Babe you all packed?" Emily shouted up the stairs. Soon enough, Alison came down with two suitcases.

The brunette raised an eyebrow. "Two?"

"Yeah. Problem?" Alison asked while crossing her arms. She quickly unfolded them once her bags went tumbling down the stairs.

"Real smooth", Emily laughed.

Alison groaned as she tried her hardest to get the bags to stand upright. "Hey you try carrying two 20 pound bags down a flight of steps."

"No one told you to pack two bags. We're only going a couple hours away", Emily said as she helped the girl out.

"Bickering already?" A woman's voice asked.

"Hi Vivian", Emily greeted the woman who smiled politely at her.

"And hi you", Alison said bending down to wrap her arms around Amber, effectively ignoring Vivian.

"Nice to see you Alison dear". The small girl's mother said with a smile.

Alison nodded. "You too Vivian."

"Is your father coming along?"

"He's suppose to be", The blonde answered unsurely. "He said he was going to be late so he'd just get a ride out there."

"The girls are riding out now", Emily whispered to Alison who gave a short nod. "It's so nice of you to drive us", Vivian sighed in almost relief.

"Well since that's the only way you'd actually come", Alison said quietly. "I figured why not. At least I'd get to see my sister."

Vivian cracked an amused smile at that word. Before any arguing could commence, Emily quickly shouted, "Alright girls in the car!"

A few minutes later, they were on the road. It was a peaceful silence as the radio played softly in the background. Amber was out like a light while Vivian placed her own headphones in her ears.

Emily looked away from the road for a second to catch a quick glance at Ali who stared mindlessly out the window. "What are you thinking about?" She asked.

Alison shrugged. "The wedding."

"Yeah?" Emily smiled. "What about it?"

"How it's only three months away."

"That a bad thing?"

"Of course not. But being scared out of my mind might be", Alison huffed.

"Hey I'm scared too but you know what's keeping me sane?" Emily asked her and Alison finally looked over to meet her eyes. "Knowing that no matter what happens, I'll always have you. Right?"

"Of course babe", Alison smiled confidently.

A couple of hours later, the car pulled up into a driveway of a large glass house. Alison's breath hitched at the size. "H-How did you manage to afford this?"

"Don't worry about it", Emily smiled before quickly pecking her on the lips and getting out of the car. She went to the trunk to get everyone's bags out.

Alison helped Amber out of the car and the smaller girl immediately skipped up to the house. "Amber! Don't stray too far!" Vivian shouted as she grabbed their bags from Emily.

"Thank you dear", The woman smiled at Emily before looking to Alison with no emotion whatsoever and walking to follow her daughter.