Ch.13- What Happened to Us?

A/N: Uhh so this chapter might be a bit hard to read especially because we all know Emily would never get like this with anyone she loves let alone Alison 😣 Bare with me children, try to enjoy
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Alison's POV

The time was 9:45pm when I finally had made it home. I traveled about 64 miles to the jail Lorenzo was located at only to be told that he couldn't receive any visitors. It honestly angered me to the point where I promised myself to just leave it alone.

Once I walked into the house completely and shut the door, the lights turned on revealing Emily sitting in a chair. She didn't look upset but I still knew to tread lightly.

"How was your day out?" She asked me.

My nerves began to flare up. "I know..you said not to go out today and to get some rest but I thought a little bit of fresh air was needed."

"Well I'm not going to keep you locked in here like a prisoner", Emily laughed. "You didn't do anything wrong. I was jus-just worried. That's all."

I furrowed my eyebrows at her as I tried to read her mood. "So you're not upset?"

"Of course I'm not upset about that", Emily said standing to her feet. She reached behind the couch to take hold of a stack of papers placed on the small table. "But I am upset about this."

My blood ran cold. "You went to see Lorenzo today", She stated more than asked.

"I-"

"Be honest with me. Please. I've been nothing but truthful to you and you just keep throwing it back in my face." She was now standing close enough where I could smell her breath which wreaked of alcohol.

"Yes I went to see Lorenzo", I told her softly, knowing that anger and alcohol don't necessarily mix up well.

Emily sucked in a small breath and closed her eyes to control her temper. "Alison, I suggested you stay home today for what? To benefit my health? No. To benefit the baby's. You traveled almost 65 miles to visit someone who tried to kill us."

"They said he couldn't have visitors so technically I didn't visit him", I mentioned.

Emily stumbled a bit in her step as the drink she had while I was gone began to take effect. "That's not the point."

"Then what is?" I asked matching her loud tone. "All I wanted to do was figure out his true motive."

"That's not your job Alison. He's behind bars and he's never bothering us again. That's all that should matter", Emily explained. She was still sober enough to form a complete thought which I was thankful for.

"I know", I whispered. And I did know. But I couldn't help the curious side of me.

Emily shook her head. "And the fact that Toby had to call me and inform me of a missing document that he thought you might've stole is completely embarrassing. That whole precinct now knows that Alison Dilaurentis, Emily Fields' fiancé is a thief."

"I didn't mean any harm. I just wanted-"

Emily interrupted, "God so much had happened in the last 24 hours that I can't even think about what'll happen when we actually get married."