4. Giving A Chance

Leiko threw glances here and there. Sanae. Kai. Sanae, Kai. Sitting between the two wasn't the wisest choice she had ever taken and now it was too late. Kai seemed to have taken a liking to the younger fan -Leiko later learned that he is twenty eight- and they had been chatting non-stop since then. Sanae tried to push her friend into the conversation now and then but Leiko would either reply with a shrug or a one word answer. Kai acted awfully fond of Leiko as well, which pissed her off to no end for multiple reasons.

"Ne, Leiko-chan I think you've drunk way too much." 

"And what if I am? What's it to you?"

"Leiko! Stop talking like that!" Sanae scolded her friend, who answered with a death glare that made her shrink back in fear. Kai, stood up from his chair and went from behind Leiko, gently grasping her arms. 

"Come on, up you go. I'll take you home." Kai cheerfully suggested, but the girl had other plans in mind. She shrugged him off easily, whirling around to glare at him, the force making her stumble a little.

"I have friends for that you know?" 

"Your friends seem to be having fun and mine have already left. I was about to head home anyway so why don't you let me drop you off?"

"Yes, Leikooo. Just go with him! I want to stay alone with Yoshiki-kun." Sanae cooed, looping her arm over her friend. A mischevous smile crept up her lips, knowing she had her friend cornered. With a weary sigh, Leiko pulled her jacket on, grabbed her purse and reluctantly followed Kai outside the bar.

"I swear if you try and rape me or kidnap me, I'm gonna kick you with my monster boots." She warned, slipping inside Kai's car. The man chuckled, shaking his head in amusement and as Leiko told him the address, he started driving towards her house.

During the drive, Kai kept throwing glances over the black haired girl that had her head tilted over the window, fast asleep. He couldn't stop thinking about what her life might be. Why was she so aggressive that at a mild joke she'd get extremely defensive for no apparent reason? He intrigued her, yet he pissed her off so much, that a thought crossed his mind. Bashing her head against the wall. A wall with knives. Shaking his head to discard his disturbing thoughts, Kai realized that he had reached his destination. He unbuckled himself, before gently poking Leiko's arm. She twitched slightly, rolling completely on her side, easily bringing her skinny legs in an embrace.

"Leiko-san. Leiko-san wake up. We're here." Kai nudged the girl once more then with a huff, he turned the car off and got outside, only to move towards the passenger's door, opening it. With a startle, Leiko fell towards emptiness, until her seatbelt stopped her from moving.

"You asshole! You almost killed me!" She slurred, recollecting herself. Leiko concentrated on all her senses towards unbuckling the seatbelt but felt completely useless in doing so. Suddenly a pair of freezing hands moved hers away, easily taking the safety off, freeing the girl from the suffocating seatbelt. As she raised her head, Kai's face was right in front of her, her nose brushing his. Leiko felt her cheeks warmer, instantly knowing that she was a few shades darker. 

It's from the alcohol.

She internally scolded herself and cleared her throat, making Kai awkwardly retreat back. Leiko slowly got out of the car, a cold gush of air making her sway on her feet momentarily. Once she found her balance again, the girl took small steps towards her apartment with Kai on her tail.

"Come up for a drink." She whispered, rolling her 'r's a bit. Kai looked buffled for a minute or two, before nodding. He had one too many drinks himself, and besides it was a really nice opportunity to understand why the black haired girl hated his band with such a passion.