Chapter 25

Shelby

"We need to talk."

I was confused, he couldn't know anything about Hunter or the apartment or about Ross and I's talk. Could he?

"Shelby?"

"Yes"

"Is now an okay time to talk?"

I nodded my head. I was scared that if I opened my mouth I would start saying everything which would not be a good way to tell him I'm moving out and everything.

"Okay, well You might not know about this but Ross and I are selling the house. And we are getting separate apartments. So you are going to have to find an apartment or if you want to move in with me."

I was mentally cheering inside my head that he didn't know but I finally hit me of what he said. They are selling the house. And Max asked me to move in with him.  This isn't going to go well since I already have an apartment.

"So?"

"Well. About that-"  I went on to tell him everything. The apartment searching leaving my phone meeting Hunter get stood up at the cafe while running into him and talking to Ross.

"So you basically went on a date with someone else while we were dating?"

"It wasn't a date, it was a friendly hang out that he didn't bother to show up too."

"Okay. But you were planning on moving out and didn't tell me?"

"At the time we weren't talking and plus the first day I got here I told you I was going to stay until I found an apartment or house of my own."

Max just nodded his head and stood up walking over to my bed and sitting down. He had his hands folded in his lap and was looking at his feet.

"You told Ross before me."

"I wanted to tell you first but Ross was going to leave soon and every time I did try to tell you something happened."

"ok."

"Right...So is all forgiven or are you going to need more time?"

"Shelby I really don't know right now. And my head is killing me because of all the thinking so I'm just going to go to bed and then do what I need to do tomorrow and let you know soon. I'm sorry."

"It's okay."

He just stood up and left like we just didn't have this talk like it meant nothing to him. How? Why? How. Is. That. Acceptable.

I didn't sleep at all that night. Tossing and turning thinking about what's going to happen. What Max is thinking or doing right now, why he said what he said. 

I don't know if this is just me overthinking or the universe saying something but I think he's going to break up with me.

Have a good day! :P