Chapter eighteen

Trail day
Denis's pov
Today is the day I see if I keep Maria or not. James is on my side to defend me. I don't even know why Danny all of a sudden what's to be a part of her life, he left Ben when he found out he was pregnant anyway. Anyway, we are all loaded into the car as we were heading there now. Once we got there I gave my mom Maria. I went a sat down next to my lawyer Tom. The judge walked in and took his seat.
"We are here today to figure out the custody of Maria Rose Bruce"(just FYI I don't know how court works that's why it took so long because I was doing research. Ok back to the story)
Tom stood up and face the jury and said "My client was there for Ben when Mr. worsnop wasn't he just left. I call Danny worsnop to the stand" Danny went and sat down in the witness seat if that's what you call it.
"Yes So it is true you didn't want to be a part of Maria's life once you found out about her" tom asked.
"Yes it is true but I know now that I went to be a good father for her" Danny responded.
The jury gasped about the already known facts. Danny answered more questions about leaving Ben and it was a mistake blah blah blah.
(Time skip to next day still trail because trail takes a few days than the jury talks for another few days)
Now James was called up to the stand
"So Mr. Cassells what happened and why do you think Mr. Worsnop shouldn't have his daughter?"
"Danny never wanted Maria once he found about her and him and Ben had a big fight and Danny stormed out of the bus cause we were on tour at the time and than he texted him saying he quit the band and he broke up with Ben. He became depressed because he left. Denis was the only one Ben opened up to"
(Skip a few days while the jury talks)
James pov
"James" Denis called out.
"Yes babe" I answered him.
"The courthouse called and they have a decision" Denis explained.
"When do we go" I asked.
"Tomorrow" he answered.
(Skip to the next day sorry for all the skips ok back to story)
We are all packed into the van. We got to the courthouse five minutes later. We all piled into the courtroom. The judge came out and slammed the gavel on the fable to get the people's attention.
"The jury as came a decision, Mr. Worsnop you get full custody of your daughter" the judge yelled out. I was shocked at the decision. In my opinion it was the wrong decision. Why does that scumbag get her we were raising her right after she was born and he was t even there. I can't believe this.

An
Sorry it took forever I had to research about court. Than I had writer block for a week. Now I'm on vacation so I might not update until I get back the following week. Have a good week everyone and i will write hopefully over vacation and post it next week.