It Was Just One

Chapter One

It was the day I met my first love, Brandon. He is light skin with a nice face and big but nice lips. He had a nice fade with tattoos on his muscular face. Brandon was in my homeroom and I felt a strong pull to make him my friend. I decided to sit beside him during homeroom and made a conversation. We had similar classes together and we decided to walk with each other to the first period. Brandon didn't have many friends at North Delavan High School.

After our first meeting, we became closer as friends. We would go over to each others house to hang and we would talk on the phone for hours. We became closer as friends to the point we became attracted to each other. At the time, I didn't know he had the mutual feelings about me. I was having a nervous breakdown because of him not telling me how he actually felt about me.

Brandon started dating a girl named Taryn. Taryn was a cheerleader at our school and she was in the running for homecoming queen. I never talked to her in person because Brandon didn't think it was necessary for his bestfriend to meet his girlfriend. Brandon never seem to deep into the relationship because he was always talking to me. Taryn had caught the flu and was out for awhile. I decided to express my feelings to Brandon via text.

Brandon: Yeah Mel?

Melanie: I really like you Brandon and I don't know how you feel towards me. I'm cool with staying friends if you want but I thought you needed to know my feelings toward you.

Brandon: Well Mel I like you too :)

Melanie: Forreal!?!?!?!

Brandon: Yeah I been having feelings for you ever since you randomly started talking to me.

Melanie: *blush* Well thank you very much. What are you going to do about Taryn???

Brandon: I'm going to break up with her once she gets back from break.

Melanie: That would be suckie :| Just break up with her after a few weeks.

Brandon: I don't want to make you wait so I will dump her and we can get our lifes together.

Brandon, and I decided to see each other in secret. We never shared a kiss because that would feel wrong to kiss another girl's boyfriend while she is sick. I didn't want to feel like a homewrecker even though it seemed like I was acting like one. I'm not a bad person or anything it's just that when you fall in love for the first time you don't think straight.