Chapter8:I'm Sorry Mom & Dad

Our daughter had did the unthinkable. Knowing she wasn't raised like that she felt guilty. She had went all the way. Although it's a common thing in college, we never thought that our daughter would fall that low. We weren't mad at her because she was a responsible grown adult. At least she wasn't a teenager, but Alan and I still thought she was rather young. She hasn't graduated college yet. She nor Chad had started their careers yet. They were still young and exploring new things when this happened. She still had many opportunities and a rich life ahead of her. She did not deliver the message to us herself. It was her sister who did it. Yes I had two more kids which equaled three. My son born in '91 and my second daughter in '93. But I will get to them later. Our youngest daughter told us the news that she was pregnant. She was six weeks and that she wanted to keep it. How upset she was about it and how she feared of Alan's reaction to it the most. Alan was the first to call her about it and they had a calm conversation but Dahliah didn't take that as accepting. She knew we were disappointed but we never disowned our daughter. We never stopped loving her and we had no choice but to accept our grandchild because Dahliah was keeping it. But even if she wasn't we always accepted that baby. Dahliah or "Dahli" as we all called her, fell into deep depression from it. She felt like she wasn't accepted or that we would never look at her the same again. She cried her eyes out every night after breaking the news to us and it led to a tragedy that almost took her life. She was so overwhelmed with guilt that she wrote a heartbreaking letter to us before stabbing herself in the chest with a steak knife. She was alone in her dorm room when she did it and it almost was the end of her. She was only twenty two at the time. Think God her roommate walked in minutes later. After contacting 911 her roommate called Alan. Alan's agent answered the phone and she asked for that message to be directed to Alan. When Alan heard the news he broke immediately. He called me crying and panicking. I broke immediately. Our daughter just attempted if not committed suicide. With a baby growing inside her. We rushed from London to Fullerton California and to the hospital. Our daughter was in the intensive care unit. Very critical. Alive,but they didn't know how long she would last. Her boyfriend was there with her when we got there. In sobbing tears. "It's my fault. But she told me it was fine". Chad wept laying with his arms across her bed. I cried to. Alan hugging me tightly. I can tell he was crying to. Our daughter laying lifeless on a hospital bed was unbearable to witness. The angel I gave birth to twenty two years ago was now trying to leave. Chad handed me an envelope. I knew right then it was the letter she wrote. I wouldn't DARE read that letter. Alan took it and read it. He was crying the whole time. "How could she feel this way. I always loved her" Alan said as he cried. I hugged him for a brief moment before he continued. This hurt like hell. Things in that letter are to hurtful to talk about but it was the most saddest letter ever. When I finally did force myself to read it. Dahliah spent months in the hospital. It was a joy when she finally woke up and a joy when she was still able to keep the baby. We spent months trying to comfort her and get things back to normal. Think God we didn't lose our daughter or our grand baby.