-Chapter 04-

A servant girl went to Aaron Burr's room, gently knocking on the door a few times. She waited for an answer and when there wasn't one, she opened the door a bit. The new butler was still sleeping in bed, the blankets pulled up over his body. She sighed and walked over to the bed, moving the sheets away to-

...

She quickly rushed away to the king's throne room, quietly mumbling the news to him. King George growled and stood up from his throne. The two men he was having the meeting with were suddenly scared, knowing very well that he was angry.

King huffed and shouted, "I WANT ALL GUARDS LOOKING FOR AARON BURR! NOW!" He stormed off to his room to get dressed for going out in public.

The servant girl rushed back to Aaron Burr's room, double checking that he in fact wasn't there. In his bed, the pillows were arranged to resemble a body. She checked under the bed, the ledge outside the window, and finally the closet.

Aaron shifted a bit in his hiding spot. The vents weren't very big, and he couldn't stay in there for too long. He watched the servant girl search for him, looking around in logical areas. Finally, she glanced over at the vents.

They made eye contact and Aaron frowned, shuffling back a bit. She tiptoed over to the vent and looked inside, meeting his frightened eyes. The girl whispered softly, "Don't worry. Stay here and I'll tell you when the coast is clear." Aaron smiled and nodded, watching her run off to "help" the other servants search.

He waited in those vents for two hours. Once it was completely silent, he tried to get out. But, his body seemed to be...

Stuck.

Aaron's eyes went wide and he tried to move. God, he was hyperventilating now, afraid of being stuck there forever. He knew that if he called for help then he would most likely never be able to escape the king. Or even worse, he would be sent to the guillotine to die.

Aaron shuddered at the thought and tried to wiggle his way out, starting to get more scared. His heart was beating right out of his chest and he swore that it was the only sound in the air. Aaron was so scared that he didn't realize the vent was making so much noise from his shuffling.

Aaron suddenly froze to the sound of boots across the marble floor. He clamped a hand over his mouth and nose, not daring to breath. The king walked around his room, searching with his eyes but not with action. His mind worked in a way of intelligence from trial and error. Aaron wasn't the prisoner to try and escape.

The closet wouldn't work, too many clothes in the way. Under the bed was too idiotic of an idea for Aaron. The ledge wouldn't work, he already tried that. King sighed and spoke, "I know you're in here. The guards were watching the hallway outside your room all day and night. There's nowhere you can hide from me, Aaron~"

Aaron closed his eyes and moved a bit, still stuck. The noise was louder than he expected and he winced. King slowly smiled and walked over to the vent right next to the bed. He tapped his foot impatiently as he stood outside of it.

"I am only going to say this once, Aaron Burr. Come out of the vent and face your punishment like an obedient butler... Or die." The King ordered. Aaron stayed silent, debating his choices.

But no matter how much he argued with himself, he was stuck in the vent and couldn't get out by himself. He whimpered and tried scooting back. Surprisingly, that seemed to work. King kicked the front of the vent, bending it a little. He snapped, "NOW, AARON!!"

Aaron argued, "I can't I'm stuck!!" The King groaned in annoyance and got on his knees, unhooking the vent from the wall and setting it aside, Aaron whimpered and looked away.

The king grabbed Aaron by his hands and pulled, attempting to squeeze him out of the vent. Aaron yelped in pain, feeling the stitches on his chest pull a bit. "STOPSTOPSTOPSTOP!" He shouted, pulling his hands away from King's.

"GUARDS!!!" The King shouted, "GET ME SOME... COOKING OIL! OR BUTTER! WHATEVER WORKS!" Aaron's eyes filled with tears at the pain of his stitches. He knew that they came undone a bit and would possibly be bleeding.

King looked at him and snapped, "If you're crying out of embarrassment then maybe you shouldn't have climbed into the damn vent in the first place. You will be punished for this. I don't know how yet, but you will be." Aaron whimpered and let the tears fall, looking down.

It took two long, terrible hours to get Aaron out of the vent.

Once he was finally out, George noticed the blood first, ordering his guards to leave immediately and not to tell anybody else about what they had seen. Aaron didn't bother scooting back or getting away from King.

Instead he took a deep breath and removed his blood stained shirt. His scars were in fact opened up and he whimpered at the sight. King clicked his tongue and got a handkerchief out, beginning to dab and wipe away at the blood.

"Who did your surgery?" King asked, wondering if it had been professional or not. If not then that could be a serious problem. But if it was professional then he could easily fix it up by sending Aaron to one of his private doctors.

Aaron just cried more and pulled his knees up to his chest. He hid his face from the king, not wanting to face his judgement. The king stared at Aaron for a moment before carefully pulling his crown off his head and setting it aside. Next he took off his cape and set that aside as well.

He gently held Aaron's head and tilted it up. Aaron whimpered and closed his eyes, once again not wanting to meet the king's eyes.

King huffed and spoke quietly, "I am not going to hurt you, Aaron. Scary King isn't here, it's just me. Just George. Oh, and I won't tell anybody about this either. So you don't have to be so scared. We should get you patched up. Those stitches can't be done homemade you know." The king took Aaron's hands and helped him stand up.

Aaron mumbled a small apology for wanting to escape. When King didn't answer he got very scared and whispered, "A-Are you going to kill me?" King stopped and looked back at him.

"Of course not," He laughed, "I would never kill you Aaron. You do need to be punished for your actions though, and I do have a plan for you." King took Aaron's hand and led him to the bathroom, shutting the door behind them.

"Now, I need you to sit on the counter and try to stay still for me. If I can patch you up myself then I will. If not, I'll have to call one of my personal doctors to take care of it. My doctors are very trustworthy, so they won't let word out about you."

Aaron closed his eyes and let King work. He barely trusted the man, but Aaron was not in the mood to bleed out in his bathroom.

I really thought I wrote more than this goddammit--