-Chapter 16-

A couple months later

Aaron woke up in the morning with a smile. He slipped into some more comfortable clothes and went downstairs. It was early that morning. The king was in the throne room, dozing off at his chair while the guards tried to keep him awake.

"My king," Aaron bowed. King immediately woke up and smiled. He beckoned the Prince to come closer. Once Aaron was closer King picked him up and held him in his lap.

George giggled, "My beautiful little prince. How did you sleep, hmm?" Aaron kissed his hand.

"Wonderfully, but it was a little lonely. If only I had a lover that wasn't getting up early for work every damn day." Aaron sighed. King rolled his eyes.

He held Aaron's hands and looked away. George nodded to the guards to leave them alone and they did so. Samuel gave the king a wink before leaving. King whispered, "Ever since I met you, one thing has stayed the same." Aaron tilted his head to one side like a confused puppy. You're so cute, King thought, I love your face. He sighed.

"Aarom," He explained, "Your eyes have never changed. There always been so soft and a beautiful brown, and I really can't picture any other pair of eyes staring into mine like this." Aaron blushed and looked away. George kissed his neck, gently nibbling and biting here and there.

Aaron mumbled, "You nibble so much you may as well be a hamster."

"Your pettiness hasn't changed either." King teased, kissing his jaw. "Come," he sighed, picking Aaron up. "We can cuddle." Aaron clapped a little, giggling to himself as King brought him up to his bedroom.

Aaron crawled into bed as King stripped down to socks and underwear. He laid down and held his arms out for Aaron. The butler gladly cuddled with him, wrapping his arms around his majesty. Butler... King thought... No...

"Aarom," King sighed, "We need to talk."

Aaron frowned and asked, "Is there something wrong?"

George sat up a little, took a deep breath, and began, "Aaron, you've always been my butler. All of this time you have been my loyal, royal servant, and now I can't help but hate it. When people ask me who I love, I don't want to say oh it's the butler I just want them to see... you. You and me together.

"Believe me, I do love you, but not in the way we are now. A king and his butler. I don't want us to live that cliche trope, you know? I do love you, Aaron, but... I can't keep doing this unless-"

Aaron hiccuped, counting to George. George opened his eyes and looked at the boy to see he was crying. "... WAIT NO OH GOD NOT WHAT I MEANT!" King panicked, "I-I meant I don't want you to be my butler anymore! Aaron no I'm not dumping you! Don't cry, it's okay! Please listen!" Aaron sniffles and looked at him. Once George was he was listening he sighed in relief.

"I want you to be my king." He cooed, kissing Aaron's head. "I want you to rule with me. In all honesty, I would be honored to rule the land with you."

Aaron was silent, sniffling and still crying, but less than before. "Y-you... you mean it?" Aaron asked. The king nodded. Aaron slowly smiled and hugged him tightly, sighing in relief. "I would love to," Aaron sniffled, "So... should I still call you your majesty?"

The king sighed, "You can always call me George, Aaron. We're equals, we always have been... I love you, Aaron Burr. My soldier... my wonderful king." The words were new on Georges tongue, he loved the feel of it though. Calling Aaron a king. It was cute.

Aaron smiled and kissed him softly before replying, "I love you more, George."

Fin