-Chapter 10-

"Leave me alone," Aaron whimpered, curling up in a ball in the mud. One of the many soldiers around him kicked him again, cuasing him to cry out in pain once more.

Montgomery laughed, "See everybody? This is what a fucking freak looks like! A disgusting, indecisive, abomination! Obviously, God must have been sucking down Sam Adams when he made you, Veronica Burr!!"

Aaron opened his eyes a little and shouted at Richard, "I'm sorry!! Please!! Please let me see him!! Let me go!! I CAN'T FUCKING DO THIS ANYMORE-"

Aaron woke up alone, lying in Richard's bed. He was still tied up and unable to move, and Richard was a few feet away at his desk. Burr sniffled and tried to hide his face so Richard wouldnt see him cry. But it seemed Montgomery already noticed.

The general quickly stood up and walked over, sitting Aaron up. "Did you have a nightmare?" He whispered, kissing the boy's hand. Burr didn't move, and he continued to glare at the monster of a man. Richard sighed and kissed Aaron's forehead.

He crawled into the cot and kissed him softly, forcing the boy to stay still. Aaron huffed when he pulled away. "I hate you," Aaron mumbled, his eyes filling with tears once again. They rolled down his cheek and dripped onto Richard's coat, which was draped around him.

Montgomery sighed and wiped his tears away with the hankerchief from his pocket. "I'm so sorry you had to stay with that monster. I missed you so much, Aaron." He mumbled. Aaron sobbed and turned away from him.

"I hate you." He growled, "And I wish I had never gotten engaged to you, you monster!" Richard frowned but continued to comfort the poor boy.

"I know," He sighed, kissing Aaron's cheek, "I know."