Ch.5

A)Grayson B) Mr. Relik C) Mrs. Battle

Jacob:
"Dre,Dre DREEEEEE, WAKE UP BRO" I shouted at him.

"I'm up, I'm up" he said back at me.

"Did it work, is she coming" I said asking his drunk self.

"Yeah,so hurry up and go get ready now" Riley said walking in Dre's room.

"What you mean get ready. I stay ready Ryan" I said mixing up her name on accident.

"forget my name one more time" she said staring at me.

"Sorry lil mama my bad" I said at her but under my breath, just enough for her to hear.

I paced Dre's living room back and forth trying to think of what to say to Natalie.

"Girl, you so Fione that I wanna-" I said to myself. No that's corny.

"Hey Natalie"- i said again practicing.

"Hey Natalie what" Natalie said cutting me off.

"Oh its you" she said looking at me with a neutral face.

"Were making progress" I thought to myself.

"Where's Riley" she said going towards Dre's room.

"Ayo stop" I said loudly making her stop in her tracks.

"Why not" she answered.

"Just sit down real quick" I told her.

She came back to the couch and sat down.

"Some kickback, I should have know when I didn't see cars" she mumbled just loud enough for me to hear.

"Just listen mane" I told her. "I know we started on the wrong foot, but I hope we can move on and I can take you out". I finished.

"Fine" she said quickly.

"But pleaseeee- ". "Wait really" I said being caught by surprise from her answer.

" yes ok, I'll text you" she told me smiling this time.

"But you don't have my number" I did making her turn around from the door.

"Then find me on snap or insta" she said before leaving.

As the door slammed Dre came out the door.

"So its official then" he asked me.

"Yeah... yeah... I guess it is" I answered him.

"Ok ok my boy wit it" he said to me.

"So-" Dre got cut off by Riley saying "all thanks to me".

"Yeah, yeah come on bring it in" I said holding my arms wide open.

She came in for a hug then yelled "SIKE"

I was lowkey hurt.
*******************************************
Mariah POV: [Taj calls, Lena is in the room].
Mar: hey babeee
Taj: wassup baby
Mar: oh nothing just studying with Lena.
Taj: okay cool cool, when can I come over.
Mar: how bout I come over, heavy security over here.

"Who is that" Lena said taking me from my conversation.

My boyfriend I told her putting the phone on mute so he wouldn't hear.

She made an "oooooooo ok" face then went back to reading her textbook.

I then ended the convo with Taj. I waited for Lena to leave after studying so I could sneak out and wait for Taj to pick me up from Menchies.

I crossed the street when the cars stopped coming from both sides. I waited outside so they wouldn't push me to buy anything. I waited a whole 20 minutes before he pulled up. I was so pissed.

"What the hell is wrong with you" I yelled at him getting in the car.

"At least I came, Damn Mariah you always do this" he said back at me annoyed. "My moms and pops was tripping fool DAMN" he yelled this time.

"Whatever man, you know how many guys want me right now Taj. I started.
"There's Ty'reek, Marion, Brydon, Chris and even Luke. I said carrying on.

"That's so incredibly rude Mar" he said looking hurt. But I didn't care.

"You know that I love you Mar but if you ever cheat on me we're DONE" he said looking angry this time.

"Sorry" I said to him. "I was just mad and I didn't mean it Taj really" I told him. But I was lying. He was so needy and couldn't take a joke. I began to think why I was even with him like-. I am the most popular black girl in 10th grade and he should be worshiping me. I to be honest only kept him around bc dating a junior could you my street Cred in school.

He then kissed me and drove us to his brothers house.

*******************************************

Lena:

When Mariah kicked me out her house to go hook up with her boyfriend. I went straight to the local library to rent out some books.

I walked through the doors and went straight to the school section. I looked for the geometry book Mr. E recommended. I picked it up and waited in line to check it out. I noticed in the corner of my eye this cute guy kept checking me out. He wore blue jeans, with my new school shirt and glasses. It didn't hurt that he was kinda cute too. a cute little white big I guess. It was my turn to check out and I stepped up to her.

"Where's you're card honey" the clerk said.

I Looked in my backpack and pockets but I couldn't find it. As I started to panic the boy checked the book out for me. I thanked him then left the library.

As I was about to get back on my bike he stopped me.

"You didn't even ask for my name" he said.

"Oh I'm sorry" I told him.

"Anyway it's Grayson and you're Lena right" he said.

"Yeah yeah it is" I said being a little creeped out.

"Yeah your in my my Chem class, Mr. Relik" he continued on.

"Oh yeahhh" I said remembering.

"Nice to meet you Lena" he said.

"Well anyway, I'll give this back in Chem. I told him.

When we were done talking and said bye to each other I rode off to go home.

"