Ch.14

Jacob:

"What up family" I yelled from the staircase.

" Aye Bwa, is that you Jacob, I haven't seen you since you were Three" he said lying.

"You saw me a week ago Uncle" I told him with a straight face. "You literally watched me get ready for homecoming" I ended.

"Can't I just play around" he said back to me.

We literally lived in the the same neighborhood. It was about a five minute drive.

"Keep your voice down puta" Aunt Helen said looking annoyed.

"Not this time Lupita" Uncle Lewis said to her. "Your stuck up ass ain't gon mess up my Turkey day, oh HELL NAW" he finished.

"You racist man, you know my damn name" she told him with her hand in her hips. " I have a PHD in psychology I don't need this Tyrone". " or the attitude from your what 18th wife is it now" she finished.

"Um look here hunty, see Lewis told me about you and your nasty ways, but this year gon be different you hear, cuz your divorced ass ain't gon be ruining my thanks giving you heard me" she finally finished.

"Look La'keisha i can smell your synthetic hair from here, so first of all back up-" Aunt Helen said before being cut off by her son.

"Mom, stop the madness, this not how we treat fam-" Dell started.

"Just stop" I said cutting him off.

"What's all the ruckus, my Dad said walking in". "Today is about giving and love". He ended.

"That's what I say James " my grandma Loretta chimed in.

"You right mama" Uncle Lewis said walking to the kitchen.

Just as I was coming to close the door Dre pushed it back open.

"What you doing here" I asked.

"Well my mom is here, she married your Uncle bro, I just found out today". He said hugging me.

Damn

Natalie:

"What...was...that..." I asked Jacob.

"Every single year Natalie, Every single year." He said giggling.

After we hugged and kissed, his cousin was just staring at me. Jacob told him to stop and started to introduce me to him.

"This is my cousin Dell" he started.

"Hello Dell" I said to him.

"Hey Natalie" he said reaching in for a hug.

I hugged him awkwardly and just kept to my self.

" Dre what are you wearing" I asked him.

"Oh this that new new" he said to me.

He had on some tims, a blue button up shirt and tight fitting shorts that stopped at his mid thigh.

"Step it up" I told him and walked away.