Chapter 5: May the odds be ever in you're favor.

I bolted through that hallway. I was the most athletic one in the family. So Mackenzie could never catch me. I heard Kenz say, "Oh no you don't Maddie!" I snickered as I heard her footsteps. I knew what she was doing, she always tries to pull me down by jumping on my back like a cute Tarzan, or a tiny Katniss Everdeen, but it wasn't going to work this time. I felt her fingers brushing against my shoulders, and I moved to the side to let her fall flat on her face. "Oww Maddie!" she screamed in throbbing pain, but I was to much in shock. I thought our rooms would be empty, but they were filled with new furniture. This one was my dream room. It had mocha colored furniture, and the walls were light island blue. The bed was like a blue and pink Vera Bradley pattern, and right above my bed on the wall was a mocha outline of a bird, and inside the bird with three shelves. I finally had a full bed instead of a twin, and a dark wood floor. There was a sit-in window with bird pillows and an elephant shaped pillow and a cute blue throw blanket. The curtains were white with pearls hanging on them,they were pulled back to reveal a cute tiny pond outside. Next to the sit-in window was a bookshelf filled with books, and pink owl book ends, since I love to read this was a dream come true. At the bottom of the bookshelf, there was two small cabinet doors. I opened them to reveal a Bath and Body Works Candle collection! They were all the 3- wick kind! There were Christmas ones like Vanilla Bean Nowell, Marshmellow Fireside to spring ones like Rasberry Peach Macaron, and Red Velvet and many more! I took out the Rasberry Peach Macaron candle and placed it on the mocha nightstand. On the other side of my room, there was french doors to a bathroom, and there was a branch painting with cute pink birds on the wall above my closet. The cutest thing ever was the Lamp on my desk, its handle was a pink bird cage with a pink bird inside. If you can't tell, I'll dumb it down for you. I love birds. I looked back to my mom who was yelling at me to come back in the hallway. I totally forgot about Kenzie. I walked to Kenz who was still on the floor. I forgot that this was a wood floor instead of our old carpet. "Madison Nicole Ziegler! I did not come all the way here for you to play Hunger Games with your sister!" Ugh! Tell that to little miss "Girl on Fire" here. I retorted in my mind. "Apologize to Mackenzie right now!' "Sorry Mackenzie" I replied with a sorrowful look.