Chapter 18: Chloe spills

I just had to get out. Abby smiled and directed me to the costume shop where I hung up clothes and organized shelves. Nick came down and I got nervous. I hid behind the check out counter, and waited for him to find me. He looked around and spotted me. "Maddie" he whispered. "What, I'm organizing." I said frantically. "Look, I'm sorry I couldn't help it." he said regretfully. I saw his face. This couldn't happen, I'm really mad at him, but this could put our dancing in jepardy. I smile, "It's ok Nick I forgive you. I like you a lot too. I'm just not ready to be with anyone. " He nodded, "Thanks Maddie." he smiled and walked off.  After dance I went home and had dinner then went to bed.

I woke up at 6:49 a.m. I took a shower and blow dried my hair. I put on my usual makeup with a bit of mascara and a sheer maroon lip balm, it was very light. I changed my bandage then dressed. I put on a simple small, white,elbow sleeved, blouse, dark denim skinny jeans. My hair was still a little wavy, I french braided it on the right side, then braided the rest of my hair in a side braid. Then I remembered I had Campus Ministry. I left a note, put on some dark brown converse, packed a go go squeeze apple sauce in my bag and headed out on my cream colored bike with light blue handle bars. This was my first day of campus ministry and when I got there I was surprised to see Josh Hyland there. He was sitting in the last pew and spotted me. "Hey Maddie." he said as he tapped a space next to him. I took the seat and he stroked the bandage.  "How is it?" he asked softly. "It's fine, I can't even feel it." I smiled. "I didn't know you're into Campus Ministry. " I asked curiously. "Ya um I remember you saying you liked it and you got me interested. " he said shyly. Then a guy came out and introduced us to him. He was a youth minister and he told us we we're going to sing some songs. He handed us song sheets which didn't take long since there were only six people including me and Josh. It was songs I knew, and since I didn't want Josh to hear me sing I stepped away from him. "Are you ok?" he asked. "Ya I just have a little cold." I lied. "Well, I have a strong immune system." he says in a little flirty way. I didn't know what to do so I just moved back. When we were done the minister talked to us about temptation.  Then he announced that in two weeks we're going to talk to the middle school kids. We left and Josh walked to school with me.I pushed my bike as we walked. "You have a great voice." he told me. I laughed, "What?" he asked confused. "My voice is awful." I told him as I sipped on my apple cinnamon go go squeeze. "No it's not, you should do the talent show." he said confidently. "No, no, no, no, no. I can't sing infront of people." I confessed. Dancing was different, I've been doing competitions ever since I was three.  "Just think about it." he says. "So I heard your birthday is next week." he smiled. "Who told you that?" I asked confused, the only person who knows when my birthday is............CHLOE. "Chloe told me, you don't know how much I can get out of that girl." he laughs. I thought Chloe told me to avoid Josh. Why is she now telling everything about me. Why is she not avoiding him herself.

Important A/N: Sorry this is a short chapter I just wanted to apologize for there being this huge gap in the amount of time my chapters are being published. I was on vacation for three weeks and forgot my phone.  There was no computer I could use in where we stayed, so I just had to journal the last couple of chapters I have recently published, I hope you understand. Also thank you to everyone who has taken the time to vote and comment. I love looking at comments you guys make because it motivates me. I dedicated all the people who have been commenting and I would dedicate more people. Thanks, and you can see Maddie's bike in the sidebar and her dance wear top from when Nick kissed her. Keep voting for me to go on and I will dedicate people who comment.