Chapter 16: Another Audition

NICK'S  POV

I really loved Maddie she lit up my world. So when she kissed me on the cheek, a rush of excitment came over me. Than Chloe came in and Maddie reached over me to pretend to find something.

MADDIE'S POV

Thank goodness Nick and I sat behind where the door opens. So I had a chance to make up something. "Hey guys, Maddie what are you looking for?" Chloe asked. "I was tying my hair and told Nick to hold my bobby pin. He put it down some where and we can't find it." I was really nervous, lying was not my cuppity. But she bought it. "Oh, sorry I would give you one, but I didn't bring extras. " She said. "Oh no, that's fine." I said as I pulled off my sweater and combat boots. "Maddie you look nice." Chloe said as she streched. "Ya she does."Nick said under his breath, so only I could hear. "Thanks Chloe." I replied. Everyone else came in and then we went into studio c.  On my way I passed Abby, and one of her assistants talking about something, before I went to studio C, I told Gianna I has to use the restroom,  she nodded then closed the door.I snuck to a wall that hid me from Abby and listened to the conversation. I sighed and went back to studio C after I heared what Abby said. "Ok now we're going to  work on lifts for 10 minutes then start the dance and dress rehersal." Gianna said. "Nick work with Maddie, and start with the opening lift, and Maddie yoir tryimg to bring him back to you, and Nick you think Chloe is your true love at thid time." she said. Nick and I move to an area with space, he takes my hands and I lift my left leg on his right arm. Then he swings me around each time getting lower and lower. I make my face look sad and disappointed.  he swings me all the way to the ground, and Gianna claps. "Much better, let's see the ending lift. Maddie now you and Nick are both happy and you trust him." I run to him and jump on to his back. This time when I swing over my legs his arms are already out to catch me. He spins around I lift myself up by his shoulders, and this time he pushes me up by my waist instead of just holding it. So now I have a quick and easier time getting up. I do the splits while he holds my ankles and spins around. I flash a big smile and he looks more confident.  Gianna claps, "Good job guys you really trust each other, now let go of her left ankle and catch her back." This was a scary move, just because for one second he's only holding my ankle, bit I completely trust Nick, and I noticed that I am the smallest on he's worked with. All the girls are taller than me. So this shouldn't be so hard. He releases me from the splits by letting go of my back ankle and catches my upper back with ease. My hand on his chest and my other one on his arm. "Ok now Maddie, he's going to throw you in the air, you have to revolve in the air and he will catch you." she says. I nod and he throws me in the air. I revovle around twice and he catches me. "Ok that's it, Nick after that you just put her down." Nick nodds. "Alright I have something to say. Abbu wants to change the story to a more modern take." she says. I hope I still  dance with Nick. He's the only one I trust. "Abby says the girls will be fighting over just Nick, (the other boys groan, since they won't be in the dance) however Abby says the girls will have to audition to be in the group dance. During the audition she will also choose who connects with Nick, and who Nick connects with enough to get him. Nick, you will be a vampire and you love one human girl, but more than one girl loves you." Gianna says as Nick smiles at me. "So now it's time for lunch, but after lunch come in here for the audition" Nick and all the girls nodd and go to lunch. At lunch Ni k and Chloe sit next to me. "I hope I get the lead, I over heard Abby talking on the phone with a talent scout, who is an editor for dance track magazine. She said, that she'll keep an eye on the ALDC." Chloe says. "Don't worry you will get the lead." I say casually.  "How do you know?" Chloe said eagerly. "I overheard Abby say that her top picks for the lead we're you and I."

EARLIER THAT DAY......

I hid behind a wall and heard Abby say, "Ya, Nick is a great dancer and so is Maddie. She dances beautifully,  but she's pretty short. I think Chloe looks more suitable, she has long legs and a short torso. She has beautiful blond locks, but her dancing skills are no where compared to Maddie's. It's a tuff decision, but I'm leaning on Chloe."

Back to Present....

"She said she was leaning on you for the lead." I said. "Oh" Chloe said happily.  Nick was quiet. "What's your solo about Chlo?" I asked to change the subject. "I'm a bride dreaming of getting married. It's more of a theatrical dance." she told me. "What's yours about. " she asked curiously. "It's called cry, and I just forgot what happiness was and I always cry." Chloe made a face "Sounds depressing. " I just nodded.