Chapter 17: Fighting for Nick, I mean the lead

After lunch, Nick and all the girls went to studio C.  We found Abby and Gianna. "Ok girls, so the music is different, it's called Twilight. Gianna and I are going to teach you the first half." We learned the half and now were to do it with Nick one by one. Brooke went first. They didn't click like Brooke and Brandon did. Abby told her to sit on the side. Kendall was next, she gave nice faces, but lost them on turns and lifts. Abby told her she was cut with Brooke. Page was next, I finally realized that Nick was purposely not emoting. Paige did everything well except she barely turned out her feet. She was cut. Ryleigh was next. She was a little taller than Nick, and he had trouble lifting.  Abby cut her and told Chloe it was her turn. Chloe smiled and looked perfect,  but Nick still didn't emote. Chloe wasn't cut. I was next, I executed my emotions and so did Nick, I turned my feet out on everything, and I did one thing the others didn't.  I looked Abby and Gianna in the eye as if they were the competition judges. I also noticed that unlike the others, Nick insured my safety at the end of each lift, and if he layed me on the ground, he made sure he did it softly. You could see the romance behind us. "Good job guys, Maddie go with Chloe." Abby told me. Nick and I fist bumped and I went to the corner with Chloe. Abby told us she and Gianna will be back and she walked out.

ABBY'S POV

All I need is three girls and Nick. Chloe was the best dancer, Maddie is the best dancer. "Chloe is the usual shoe-in for Nick, she has the total package. Long legs, short torso, thin, blonde, what I'm worried about, is that Maddie is such an amazing dancer and I'm afraid of her over powering Chloe." I told Gianna. "I think Nick and Maddie were connecting well, and conveying the story better than Chloe and Nick. She looks good as well because she's cute and tiny she looks beautiful doing big lifts for such a small girl." Gianna replied.  "Ya Maddie looks great. It's seems like Nick is picking up a leaf when he lifts Maddie. I think his emotions are spot on, he can focus on hos emotions with Maddie because she's so easy to lift, and she emotes. Chloe doesn't emote well on the lifts." I say. Gianna nodds. "I think we should go with Maddie." I say. Gianna agrees and we go in. "Girls, it was a really close call but the best dancer today was Maddie." I say.

MADDIE'S POV......

Abby says my name and I hug Chloe. She doesn't hug me back. "I casted Chloe and   Kendall as the two other girls trying to get Nick. So I'm going to give you an hour to do whatever you want. It's been a long day." Abby tells us. Everyone goes out of the room except me. I work on turns, then Abby comes in. "Maddie, I'm proud of you. Your a hard worker." I thank her and she leaves the room. Nick comes, "You want to work on the dance?" he asks. "Sure" I say. We work on the dance for 15 minutes then Nick takes me up to the parent observatory.  It's empty and I get a little nervous. We sit on the bench. "I'm glad you got the lead." he says. "Chloe doesn't seem to happy. I think I took a big opportunity for her." I confess to him. "The talent scout will see all of us." he assuers me. "I just feel like Chloe hates me." I tell him. "Chloe doesn't hold a grudge for too long. Besides you deserve it, Chloe's always been the lead." he tucks a hair behind my ear, and glides his fingers down my neck. I stop his hand with mine and our eyes meet. I avert away and he turns my chin back to him. "It's kind of hard to be a good friend with you around Nick." I say jokingly.  "Maddie please, there's nothing more to say except this..." He leans in and kisses me. I freeze for a moment then lay my hands on his shoulders. I feel safe with him, warmth rushes through me. This is my first kiss. His hands slide down my back onto my bare waist. I forgot I had my dance clothes on. I pull away and just leave the observatory. I go up to Abby and ask her if she needs help with anything.