TBC: Chapter Ten

TO EXPLAIN THINGS A BIT AND HOW THIS STORY WORKS:

1. The mate bond is developed through a touch. Once two mates touch, a tattoo of a word or phrase pops up on their right wrists.

2. The tattoo is of something their significant other says and it will light up green in the presence of their mate and turn black when not around them.

3. They won't know that they are mates until they say the word that is on the other person's wrists and from there on, the tattoo will turn a bright red and both mates will be hit with a sudden onslaught of their smells, etc.

4. Once they have come in contact, going back to #1, they will experience dreams of their mates and they won't know why. Mikhail is a werewolf and he knows that Nicca is his mate but he isn't too sure.

5. This helps deepen their relationship before they first discover they are mates. I want them to have some sort of feelings.

Okay. Bye.

Dr. Nicca James Alfarone

"Dad, you can't be serious!" I complained, folding my arms and glaring at my father, who looked awfully smug. "Здравствуйте, Nicca!" The man called Mikhail nodded towards me, a small smile on his lips. For a bodyguard, he did a lot of smiling. "What the fuck is he saying?" I motioned to my dad to translate and he smirked. "He's saying hello, son." I rolled my eyes. "Not all of us speak idiot." I snorted and Mikhail frowned.

"Ты маленький грубый сукин сын!" Mikhail growled at me, folding his arms with a evil look in his eyes. It seems he understands me. "Aye, Mr. Baranov! Don't call my son that!" My father shot Mikhail a look and he shrugged. "Let's start over, shall we?" Nicolai offered and I glared at Mikhail, who reciprocated the action. I didn't like this motherfucker. Who did he think he was? I mean, it was my fault because I called him out on his native language and I was wrong for that but I was just mad.

"Fine." Mikhail grunted, his accent laying thick on his words. "Hello, Nicca." He said, controlling his words. "I am Mikhail Baranov and I will be your bodyguard for the time being." He stated in a deep voice and my eyes widened at how sensual he sounded. I reached out a hand for him to grab and he walked over to shake it. "I'm Nicca Alfarone. It's nice to meet you." I smiled softly, suddenly feeling like a jackass. He seemed like a nice person and I was being mean to him. "Sorry about that." I offered and he shook his head. "I'm just a little annoyed but I understand." I stated and he let my hand go, a impending pain occurring on my right wrist.

His eyes flickered back and forth to his arm, hissing to himself. "Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?" I questioned and he stood beside my bed, ignoring everyone else. "I'm from Moscow." He replied and I nodded. "I just knew he would be someone great for you, son. He'll be living with you in your house until we get this situation settled out." My father chimed in with a stern nod and I sighed. "He might be a nice person Nicca, but don't let that fool you. He is not a man to be taken lightly when he's mad." He warned me about Mikhail and I nodded. I knew there was something about him and the way he always seemed like he was smiling.

"I get it, dad!" I furrowed my eyebrows as my wrist began to throb. "When can I leave?" I pondered, rubbing my chin. "Tomorrow. They'll need you to stay overnight so that they can run further tests." My mother clarified as she grabbed her purse. "I'm going to go to your house so that I can get the guest bedroom set up for Mikhail." She told and Mikhail shook his head. "нет miss, it's okay." He protested but my mother was already out of the door. "You're in good hands for now, Nicca but I'm going to get to the bottom of this. Someone is out for my son and that means that they have hell to pay." My father growled, giving me a quick hug before leaving along with his men.