TBC: Chapter Fourteen

Mikhail Nikarovich Baranov

I honestly hadn't known. When I arrived here from Moscow, I was only prepared to meet Mr. Nicolai Alfarone and guard his son, who was in danger. When my father Savastian Baranov came to me with the urgent need for me to fly to North Carolina, I was a little shocked. He said that the rogues were causing trouble and since I was a future Alpha of my pack, I was to come fix it.

"Сын, я предлагаю вам пойти и выяснить, почему мошенники вызывают проблемы." He put a hand on my shoulder in an attempt to console me and I sighed (Son, I suggest you go and find out why the rogues are causing problems.). "У вас есть вся наша поддержка. Что бы ни случилось, происходит." My father looked me deep in the eyes before converting his speech to English, a trait that was often hard for us to do (You have all of our support. Whatever happens, happens.) "Misha, please be safe. Those rogues over there are trespassing. I'm sure they have changed every single detail about themselves so please do not be stupid. Think with your mind." Savastian explained, a fierce look on his face.

"This job should not last forever, son. Once you make sure that the child is safe and away from harm, you return back to Moscow to take over the role as Alpha." He said. "Don't I need a Luna?" I folded my arms, sighing. This was normal, since I didn't have a mate to spend time with. All the time that I had went towards jobs and actions like that. I had no idea how my father was able to get me a license that stated I could do those things but I wasn't complaining. "It's been too long, son. I'm not sure if there is any hope."

It was true. I was twenty three years old I was supposed to find my mate five years ago. Most of the wolves in the Blazing Rage pack usually found their mates within the same vicinity but that wasn't the case for me. I had just thought I was going to be mateless up until 1 year ago, I started having visions of a man who apparently loved to eat green apples and barbecue chicken. He seemed like he worked around alcohol because his scent was stained with that smell, not that I cared. I could see glimpses of dark brown hair and brown eyes glistened over with taupe skin. He had seemed so beautiful.

Then for the very first time in my life, I had laid eyes on him.

He had stared at me as he sat in his bed at the hospital, a sneer sat on my lips. "Is he mine?!" Amadeo growled from inside, itching to get closer to him. "I'm not sure." I grunted back. "Father did say that it would difficult for me to decipher the mate bond since it took so long." I sighed, hating how hard it would be for me to tell if he was my mate or not. He matched the man in my prophecies but I could never be too sure. "Dad, you can't be serious!" I heard his voice carry throughout the room like the sweetest melody I had ever heard and since then, I had been completely enamored by him. That was, until he insulted me and I wanted to leap across the room and claw his throat out.

"What the fuck is he saying?" The man called Nicca barked at his father when I spoke in Russian on accident. How dare he?! He should have been fucking grateful that I even came all this way out here to guard him with my life and soul. "Ungrateful bastard." I hissed, folding my arms. It was burning need into me to grab this boy into my arms, fucking him until all he knew was my name. I wanted to feel his lips against mine all day long. He created that flame inside of me and I so badly wanted to lessen it but I couldn't indulge in my desires. Such a thing would lead to misfortune.

We had started over from scratch, all insults aside as we looked at each other, shaking each other's hands. Then all of a sudden, there was a burning pain coming from my right wrist. I hissed internally as the smell of burning flesh wafted into my nostrils. After I let his hand go, a sensation filling through my body piece by piece, I looked at my wrist.