Chapter 5

It was moonhigh after the first half-moon gathering after finding the stone. Mudpaw and Yellowpaw had been thanked for protecting it.

       "Yellowpaw, where's Silverface? It's unlike him to just not show up." Swiftstep asked, the LeafClan medicine cat had not been seen nir heard from all night.

        "He's sick," Yellowpaw shook her head, "greencough."

         "Oh, I'm sorry about that." Sunheart said, "I hope he gets to feeling better."

       "May StarClan light your path." Swiftstep said, the other five cats murmuring the same in reply.

     LeafClan and GemClan's camps were in the same direction away from the StarStone, so Mudpaw and Yellowpaw walked alongside eachother while Smalltail walked behind them.

      "I really hope that your father is strong enough to come to the gathering next time." Mudpaw said, It was worrysome for a cat to catch a cough this serious in leaf-fall.

       Yellowpaw sighed, grief clouding her gaze, "It's just so hard to find catmint on our territory."

      Just as they were about to part ways, Mudpaw whispered to her, "Meet me at the hollow tommorow at sunset, and I can show you where a lot of it is, GemClan has a surplus of it right now."

       Yellowpaw's yellow eyes widened, "I can't,  it's against the warrior code."

          "But, we're not warriors." he whispered, "Plus, medicine cats swear 'to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan.'"

      Yellowpaw cringed in hesitation.

      "You wanna save your father, don't you?" Mudpaw said.

         She nodded, "I'll meet you there."