Chapter 11

Mudfoot had been seeing Yellowpetal for several moons now, this time as mates. They both knew how wrong it was that they were together, but would it be a crime not to hide there true feelings for each other? They had justified it by reasoning how wrong it was for likely the most important cats in the clans not to be allowed to love, and again quoted the "standing apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan" thing again.

      They had met fourtteen times since Yellowpetal had recieved her full name.

      "Mudfoot," she said, utterly distraught about something as they greeted eachother.

         "What is it Yellowpetal?" he asked her.

         She sighed, "I just found out I-" she blinked and gazed at the ground for a moment or two before continuing, "I'm carrying our kits."

       "What? Really?" His expression was filled with joy, as while they had grown so close in the past moons, he had forgotten how far apart they really were.

      "This is bad, Mudfoot!" she whispered, turning away and pressing her ears against her head.

      His expression hardened with reality, "Who else knows?"

      "Just my brother and his mate." Yellowpetal sighed, they've agreed to take them as there own. You see, they're not sure they can have kits of their own..."

        Mudfoot nodded, "Of course." He would have offered to ask Lightningstorm and his mate, but the situation was already under control, and he wasn't sure about his brother and Bloodstar raising kits.

        He knew it was the right thing to do, even though he would never get to meet his kits.