seven

~I've already planned the last chapter of this book...do you think you're gonna like it?~

-next day-

Normani walked through her door and saw Lauren sitting on the couch.

"Why are you here?" she asked.

"Dinah and I brought you something," the green eyed girl said.

"Funny, because I don't see Dinah." Normani sat her bag down.

"She left," Lauren said, "she had an emergency at work."

"Work? Where does she work?" the younger girl asked.

"She didn't tell you already?" the Cuban-American asked.

Normani shook her head. "No."

"Dinah's a detective," Lauren said.

The brunette lifted an eyebrow. "Oh?"

"Enough about Dinah," the raven-haired girl said, "let me show you the surprise."

"Go ahead," Normani said, she was pissed. Is that why Dinah wanted to know about that night? So, she could 'investigate,' as if she were on some next level Law & Order SVU shit.

Lauren whistled and not only did Rocco run in, but another dog did. Normani lifted an eyebrow.

"Who's dog is this?" She asked, bending down to pet the puppy.

"It's yours," Lauren said, "her name is Roxy. She's a golden retriever and german shepherd."

"You got her for me?" the taller girl asked.

"Well, I just drove her here. Dinah got her for you," the older girl shrugged.

"Why?" Normani asked.

Her phone buzzed. She got it out of her pocket and checked the message. Of course, it was from Dinah.

Dinah Jane💕: omg hey pretty girl🙈❤️ i know you've seen the surprise by now hehe🤠 no, seriously, i know lauren told you why i wasn't there, because i know she has a big ass mouth, and i know what you're thinking: 'that's why she wanted to know what happened that night. so she could investigate, as if she was on some Law & Order SVU type shit.' and you are halfway right. i know you didn't rat Arin out for a reason, but i don't know why that reason is. i do know you're angry at me, which is why i got you this surprise. 🙈✨ i was hoping it'd make you less angry?? im sorry, and i hope you aren't THAT angry with me.

Dinah Jane💕: it took me an hour to write that text omg

Dinah Jane💕: i used proper grammar and everything. i'm sorry tho😔

Normani😚: thank you for the surprise, dinah. im still upset with you though😝 i do want to talk to you about it. come to my house after work.

Dinah Jane💕: okay🤩

Normani smiled at her phone. Their use of emojis is insane.

"What's got you so smiley, Mani?" Lauren asked.

The brunette turned off her phone and looked at her friend. "Nothing," he said.